“OU - Owens Stadium ”

Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
Ranked #2 of 25 things to do in Norman
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

The football stadium on the campus has gone through a lot of changes over the last 50 years. I first saw the stadium my freshman year at The University of Oklahoma in 1967 and went to the OU -TCU game this weekend and what a wonderful place to watch a football game. I have seen all the upgrades to the stadium these past 50 years and it just keeps getting better. Over 88,500 were at the game and it was great. Nothing like it if you are a Sooner fan.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"games"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Always a good time. Good restaurant vendors. Clean bathrooms. Seats and benches are well kept. Great audio-visual set up.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We've been going to this stadium my entire life. It's great! Very clean and modern. The expansion really helped! I recommend the club seats in the south end zone if you get a chance! How can you not like this place? It is, after all, the home The Oklahoma Sooners!!

Reviewed 5 November 2017

I went to OU so this place will always have a special place in my heart. While the stadium seating has expanded in the 39 years since I was a freshman the underneath concessions look to be about the same. Husband wasn't too impressed with them but I told them that people tailgate for their food and drink and come here for the game. The restrooms were clean. The PA announcer was easy to understand and the big screens were nice. We had bench seats on the west side and rented seats for $10 that we had to drag up to our seats ourselves which was a hassle. I see you can preorder the cushion seats and they will be waiting for you. We parked at Lloyd Noble which was free and took the bus that was $5 each way (about a 3 block walk to pick up and drop off site but they offer closer in for disabilities and senior citizens). We stayed for 30 minutes with our relatives who were tailgating at LN after the game and then had zero problem leaving with traffic. For me it was a great memory out of my past!