See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Was on my way back to Texas after long road trip but too tired to drive the rest of the way, Hotels were scare since it was Friday night of Memorial Day Weekend. This place had 1 room left. As soon as I got there, I saw some bugs crawling on the floor. I checked the sheets and hoped I was being paranoid. Only took in pjs and make up bag and kept those off the floor. The next morning I realized I was covered in BED BUG BITES. Scrubbed well before I left. Kept pjs separate, scrubbed again as soon as I got home and washed all the clothing that went into that room in hot water and dried on high heat. Things that could not be washed are still in the freezer! Keeping my fingers crossed that non of those bugs made it into my house. Wifi was very spotty too.

Room tip: I would not risk any room here!
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Muskogee, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Kathy, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. Please know that the conditions you experienced are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We are glad to be able to provide Wi-Fi to our guests, but apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the connection to the network. Please know that we are on high alert regarding bed bugs as an issue and are mindful to monitor our rooms in order to address, treat and terminate any issues if we discover them. We have policies and training that should prevent any experience encountering bed bugs, but unfortunately they are a world-wide problem and present a unique challenge due to their highly transient nature, traveling easily in luggage and clothing. This is why we continually train our housekeeping staff to proactively monitor all guest rooms for the potential presence of bed bugs, and have standing contracts with professional exterminators to treat affected areas in case any are found on our premises. No place gets released until we have an all clear from them. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact Guest Services at 1-855-787-9864 to further address any specific concerns you might have, and to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Came to Muskogee for Christmas get together , checked in about 5 PM Christmas day very quickly with no problems. went on to friends house for Christmas dinner and got back about 9 PM , TV and heating worked well with no problems

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Very inexpensive and the room was vey nice. Clean, a little on the small side, but a great value. I would recommend this place for almost anyone except someone who needs a 5 star hotel. The desk clerk was nice and answered all my questions about the area. Pool area was nice.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We were in the market for a place to sleep; we weren't going to be there long, so we didn't want to spend a lot. This place looked rough, but we didn't pay much attention at first. After we paid for our room and were walking upstairs, I noticed that two rooms had broken windows that were (poorly) boarded up. Was this a murder scene or what? The paint on the outside of the doors was peeling. The property just wasn't well maintained. I was pleasantly surprised by the state of our room, though. It was clean. There were only two bath towels for the four of us, and we were too tired to ask for more--our fault. The beds were comfortable enough, and it was relatively quiet other than the trashy woman several doors down who kept shouting profanities at her children in the pool. Because it's a pet-friendly hotel, there were several dogs running around. None of them were loud, but several were not on leashes. One tried to enter our room with us. I would not stay here again even though the room was comfortable. The outside of the hotel is in need of restoration and the other guests were loud. I think we could have gone a couple miles down the road and stayed in a much nicer place for about the same price.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Muskogee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear 4Allens, Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the maintenance conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

incompetant clerk, got there around 11pm no buzzer just knock on night window. after a bit she comes out asked in arrogant tone'what do you want?' really? told her we had reservations. at first she couldn't find them. we had booked through booking.com. she finally found them and then put us down for 1 night when we had reserved 3 nights. took 30 mins. to get checked in. room was clean but tiny. after returning to room next night key wouldn't work. went to office to get another , explaining that the key wouldn't work. some how i wasn't on the books, just my wife. snarky clerk wanted to call my wife in the room to verify my presence. she had a smerk on her face until i told her that 'how was she going to call the room when we couldn't get in! handing the phone to me she said you can call her. i said as i left we ain't coming back here' ' do you want to leave now?' she asked in a snarky voice. i just walked back and had my wife go up and get another key.
numerous reprobates inhabiting the motel also. never felt safe leaving anything in room not had that vibe before. tornado taken their sign down but they didn't have even a light to show that they were operable. i think they were going through some management changes. . only pump coffee pot in lobby. motel 6 could upgrade by having at least a coffee pot in rooms, but they said they wouldn't even loan out brooms as they had lost 7 or 8 in past months stolen by guests. guess even ghetto rats have to stay somewhere. won't be going back.

Room tip: stayed in back quiet no boomboxes tho the clientel would seem to indicate that there would be
Date of stay: April 2017