“Fantastic Experience, close to OKC!”

Salas Urban Cantina
Ranked #24 of 200 Restaurants in Lawton
Reviewed 13 July 2017

It had been a few years since I'd had Salas' fajitas. I saw that they had a new location, so I set out from Okc to experience the new facility. I was not disappointed! Their beef fajitas were delicious, as was the Margarita. But the thing that absolutely surprised me was the "Spicy Avacado" sauce (maybe they called it Atomic sauce?). It is sort of a green hot sauce with chunks of avacodo in it. This stuff was nothing short of amazing! I haven't had anything like it. If you haven't been here, I highly recommend you do. All the employees were very friendly. My server was named Cassy and I noticed that the hostess (Julia, I think) was very attentive to all the customers and made absolutely sure everybody was happy as well. The experience at this place shows. I will be back.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Ya'll need to wipe your menus down. Dried cheese dip on the menu is totally unappetizing.

The cheese dip is unique - it tasted cheesy, chicken-y and spicy. Good, but definitely different. And watery. The salsa is waaay too hot - one dip and I thought my mouth was on fire! I even tried it again and I had the same reaction where I gulped water and my nose wanted to sneeze. Way too hot.
I
The pina colada is yummy but it came with whipped cream which I promptly scooped off. Whipped cream on a pina colada is just weird. But I could taste the coconut which is so yummy.

The menu is mixed between American and Mexican. They have chicken fried steak, catfish and child rellenos all on the same menu section. Their dessert menu has Sopapilla Puffs, bans pudding and then sopapilla's list. The menu is such a juxtaposition of food types.

The cheese enchilada with red sauce could come from a TV dinner, it is so dull. The taco, well, is no different than a chain taco restaurant. The child relleno was excellent. Still too hot, but with a good flavor.

The service is where this restaurant excels- they have fast and friendly service.

Overall, this restaurant fails. Overall, not enough flavor. And when there is flavor, it's from peppers which make the food too hot.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Hopped in for an early dinner. Checked on wine and they carry Sutter Home brand so opted for margarita instead. Started with cream of jalapeno soup because I had never heard of it or had it before. It was very mild though and reminded me of cream of celery soup. Chips came with salsa and a very unique cheese dip. The cheese dip was vert thin and had a very mild flavor. They do offer a regular queso dip too. Ordered the hefti mexi burrito plate. It is a fried chicken burrito and comes with a beef taco and charro beans.. It arrived quickly and everything on it was good. Taco was pretty much standard but burrito was surprisingly light for being fried. Charro beans way better than refried beans in my opinion.They do offer several regular American dishes if folks in your group don't want the standard Mexican style fare.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Six of us dined here on a week night. It was not crowded at all during the dinner hour. It's standard Mexican fare. The place is near Fort Sill and they will give you a 10% discount if you are military or a veteran. Food was just fine and we had an excellent server. I may have his name spelled incorrectly here but I have it as K. Middleton.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Delicious Mexican and Catfish. Ask for Nick, great service. Lots of options at the bar, carries Jose Cuervo Blue Agave tequila and makes the best margAritas!