“Bueno!!!”

Ted's Cafe Escondido- Lawton
Ranked #3 of 218 Restaurants in Lawton
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Serving friend and family a delicious meal in your home is deeply embedded in Mexican culture. With that in mind, Ted Curtis, our founder, set out to create a welcoming restaurant inspired by that experience. We are rooted in serving the best Mexican food, made from the freshest premium-quality ingredients, served with unsurpassed hospitality. Since the first Ted's Café Escondido restaurant opened in 1991, we have stayed true to these founding principles, without compromise. At Ted's, you are not just a customer, but our guest. We strive to make each of our guests feel welcome and special. We are passionate about continuing to prepare our fresh delicious food daily, by hand. We are dedicated to serving you with humility and heart. Our goal is to exceed your expectations on each and every visit!
Reviewed 13 December 2016

This was my 1st trip to Lawton, and while on the flight from DFW to LAW my seatmate started talking with me. I asked her where the locals go for great food and she recommended Ted's. My husband had arrived on an earlier flight, we found out a long time friend of ours was in town, too, and after I was picked up at the airport we made Ted's our 1st stop.

The chips & salsa are beyond any chips & salsa that any other Tex-Mex place has ever served. Fresh, warm & plenty of salsa & queso options (free!!!), plus warm tortillas. We ordered a medium bowl of guacamole before we realized that chips & salsa would have been plenty. I live 7 miles from the Mexican border, and that was one of the best guacamoles I've ever had. I ordered the tortilla soup (too many chips, tortillas, salsa, queso & guacamole), and a washed beer (served in a frosty lime & salt rimmed glass). The soup was bottomless, so I had two bowls & our server gave me 2 more to go....plus chips, salsa & tortillas. Our friend ordered the fish tacos, and my husband got the shredded beef tacos. We all loved our dinner choices.

Our server was right on top of everything, our glasses were never empty, the food was hot, fresh and delicious, the restrooms were very clean, loved the tiled floor in the waiting area, and the manager stopped by to chat a bit.

I'm so glad that I took the recommendation and chose to eat at Ted's.

Date of visit: December 2016
David F, Owner at Ted's Cafe Escondido- Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Sounds like a wonderful experience! Thanks for taking the recommendation of your flight neighbor -- we're happy they brought you to us! Glad you enjoyed that tortilla soup as well as all our complimentary items. Hope our paths will cross again in the future!

Safe travels,

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

I second all of the previous reviews. The food was awesome here. I recommend the taco special.

Your food will come with some tortilla chips with cheese dip and salsa. Then your entree will come with tortilla shells and some other vegetable mix or salsa dip. Some of the best tortilla's I've had.

I had the server recommend to me the meal and pretty much let her choose it; it was definitely the best choice. I had the taco's (4 tacos with chicken and beef) with two sides, mashed potatoes and corn.

The only downside is that I couldn't eat it all. I ate the tacos for sure but this place is definitely designed for groups to eat.

The service was great. If you're solo, sit at the bar. I would say you get the best service/server. I had Lauren and I don't think she stopped moving until the lunch rush was over. Once the rush is over, the staff will actually strike a conversation which just adds to the meal.

Date of visit: November 2016
1  Thank richardwW5095ST
David F, Owner at Ted's Cafe Escondido- Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Thanks, Richard! We're glad that you enjoy our place so much. Good to know that you love our whole setup at the start of your meal, too! Thanks for mentioning our excellent service as well as our good food -- that means a lot to us. Hope we can see you back again soon!

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

This place has great texmex food, they serve queso 3 tipes of salsas for u chips n they also offer i home made flour tortillas. Good food great services, place is clean

Date of visit: October 2016
David F, Owner at Ted's Cafe Escondido- Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

We're so glad you've found a few different things to love with us! That's really all I could ask for, and it's great to know the service nothing short of perfect. We'd love to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Thank you for having them listed... We went based on the reviews, and we were not disappointed. Awesome food, very generous portions. Great wait staff. Just all around great dinner! I would highly recommend it!

Date of visit: November 2016
David F, Owner at Ted's Cafe Escondido- Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Thanks, Gina! We're happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope we can see you again someday soon!

Until next time,

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Went to eat here with coworkers the last night in town for business. GREAT PLACE!!!! Food was outstanding and the wait staff was amazing

Date of visit: September 2016
David F, Owner at Ted's Cafe Escondido- Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Thanks so much, Bam Bam! We're happy that you love our place. Hope we can see you again someday soon!

Ted's Management

Been to Ted's Cafe Escondido- Lawton? Share your experiences!