“Good Date Night Dinner in Downtown”
Review of Othello's

Othello's
Ranked #15 of 348 Restaurants in Edmond
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 April 2018

This is one of our go to places for last minute date nights in Edmond. We have always enjoyed our meals ( I usually get ravioli and my husband loves the spaghetti with meatballs). It sometimes can take a little bit to get the food, but we are never in a hurry so it doesn't bother us- we just enjoy the appetizers (try the fried ravioli!) We will continue to go here when we are looking for a nice night out.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

I have reviewed Othello's before and was pleased the couple of times we had come 2 years ago. We hadn't been back in some time due to some disappointments. About a year ago, we stopped in for lunch and tried the meatball sandwich which was soggy, very little meatballs and almost cold. We came back a few months later for another shot for dinner. Dinner was good, but not exceptional at that time. Last night, we returned. Our waiter, though very friendly, disappeared after our order was placed except to drop off constant refills before we even needed them for my son's soda. Our food took a very long time so we finally had to ask for bread. He did not bring it out ahead. The bread was a small loaf cut into slices and coated in garlic butter. It was good, but was kind of gooey in the middle. When our food came, my son's plate was swimming in sauce with minimal tortellini. Sauce to pasta proportions were way off. I had the black mussels which were very good in a very tasty marinara. My husband felt something was off though with his chicken parm. He felt it was either the sauce or the pasta, just wasn't to his taste. When the waiter returned with the check, we had to ask about desserts. Frankly, we had come planning on cheesecake and he didn't even ask us about dessert. There had been no prices on the dessert menu. We got 2 pieces of cheesecake and the coconut cream pie. The pie was good, though way too sweet and mostly just the "whipped cream" rather than pie underneath the cream topping. One of our cheesecakes we got with chocolate sauce drizzled over top, one plain. We finished our dinner, paid and left thinking the meal was good, although slow, and much more expensive than planned. In looking more closely at the receipt after the fact, we saw desserts were over $6 each, but the kicker was they charged us an extra 60 cents for that drizzle of chocolate sauce! Normally cheesecake comes with a choice of toppings, but never have we seen an up-charge on those toppings! Overall, the food was good, though expensive (no salads came with entrees and my mussels didn't come with any extra bread or pasta for all that sauce). The up-charge on that chocolate sauce was ridiculous!

1  Thank EuroFans
Jennifer D, Owner at Othello's, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Thank you so much for bringing your family to Othello's last week. I am so sorry that you left less then 100% satisfied and happy with your experience. As a small family run restaurant, we take a lot of pride on the quality of our food and our service we provide to our guests. It upsets me that our staff did not perform to the standards we strive for. I do not want to go through everything you listed, but I want to assure you that we take a lot of pride in the quality of food we serve. I will talk with our kitchen staff about the amount of sauce they are putting on the kid's meals. Your Mussel's should definitely have come with a side of spaghetti, so if you do not receive that then I am very sorry. I am going to speak directly with the manager that was on duty last week and see what additional information I can find out. My email address is jennifer@othellos.us, I would love to speak with you directly to find out more about your visit if you have time. I appreciate the time you took to write this review, and I will be using this at our next staff meeting to help educate our staff on where we are missing the mark. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Small, quiet, tasty Italian cuisine. A nice place to meet friends and catch up or have a quiet dinner with your sweetie. Stroll up and down the block in downtown Edmond.

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving these lovely comments on Trip Advisor! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Love to go here often with my husband, family or friends. The owners make us feel right at home. Lovely bar, tin ceiling, drippy candles, Frank and the Rat Pack sing in the background. You can sit back with a glass of wine and have a fun, casual dinner. Specialty Italian dishes and favs like pizza, ravioli, manicotti and cannoli. Blue ribbon pies and cakes for dessert.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Othello's remains one of downtown Edmond, Oklahoma hidden outstanding dining experiences. The atmosphere is cozy with several quiet tucked away tables which to share a tasty Italian dish with the one you love or enough larger areas to enjoy a family gathering for tales of the old Italy. The dinner menu selection was delightfully diverse that would be tempting for anyone's taste palate. The food portion sizes were generous and filling. The wine selections were adequate for the most temperamental enthusiast and the dessert offerings were outstanding to the taste. The stuffed mushrooms were an excellent beginning. The side salads are of good portion for a multi-course meal with the Caesar meeting our expectations. The Helen's Baked Ravioli along with my favorite Baked Lasagna were our entrees of choice and were quite filling. The multi-course dinner experience was finished off with shared Tammy's Italian Cream Cake and Spumoni which completed the excellent dining experience. A wonderful evening out that should be shared with those you love or a place for friends to enjoy each others company. The overall cost for this lovely dining experience would fit most anyone's budget.