“Used to be great”
Review of Hideaway Pizza

Hideaway Pizza
Ranked #19 of 348 Restaurants in Edmond
Description: Hideaway Pizza has been baking seriously great pizza since 1957. Choose from more than 20 specialty pies or build your own creation with more than 40 fresh ingredients. Try the Big Country, a meat lover’s dream recognized as one of the 50 best pizzas in America with a bowl of famous fried mushrooms. An award-winning gluten free crust is available, as well as traditional thin crust and hand-tossed options.
Reviewed 27 July 2018

We have gone to Hideaway Pizza in Edmond for many years, and it has been our favorite pizza place. However, it has been more crowded, with our latest visit taking 45 minutes to get our pizza. The quality has also been going downhill on these busy nights, with the toppings getting more and more skimpy.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

If you are a “cheese only” or “pepperoni only” pizza eater, just stop reading. You don’t deserve this place. For the rest of us, go here and eat one of their MANY original recipe pizzas. They are all very delicious!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I always enjoy eating the the Caesar salad and pasta! But the pizza is a must! If you eat here make sure to ask for extra garlic butter put on the crust after baking! It’s the best!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Next to the best pizzaI have ever had. Service was good. Beer was very cold. I am not a real big fan of pizza so I don't go often and when I do it is usually at a pizza joint 4 blocks from home. That being said I was very surprised by the extensive menu and the excellent pizza.
Being an old fart I am turned off by wait staff wearing enough hardware to set off alarms at the airport.
Place is decorated with a great assortment of kites and made me want to fly one. I definitely will go back but hope I get a clean appearance wait staff. I would have given them the highest rating if I had not had the wait person we had.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Been doing Hideaway since the '70s in college. In the early years of pizza, Hideaway was the first to take us Okies outside the box, way outside the box. With an ingredients and combinations that made us think the Californians were invading (sun dried tomatoes. pesto, mandarin oranges?). We thought putting canned mushrooms with pepperoni was radical.

Hideaway also perfected the art of appetizers. The fried mushrooms are a go to and never disappoint. Moist but perfectly fried, the crust does not blow out when you bite into it leaving a hollow bit of crust in your hand. The marinara dipping sauce has the right bite of garlic and spices and a consistency worthy of a dipping sauce. The cheese bread is also very good and a kid favorite.

On the pizza, I prefer the original hand-tossed crust. Bready, but not doughy. The Italian seasoning are excellent of the cheese and the pepperonis used at Hideaway has always been exceptional. The mushrooms are real and nicely grilled. The pizza is always that beautiful golden, bronze color and though cheesy, you do b=not encounter 6 ft. string, strands of elastic from slice to mouth that you do at some forums.

If a visitor and looking for a very good Oklahoma pie, appetizer, or baked pasta, try Hideaway. If you are very hungry, a carnivore, and want a slice of Oklahoma basketball history, try the Big Country.

MSA