“Wonderful evening”

Twelve Oaks Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: For great steaks, magnificent lobster, ocean-fresh seafood and fine wine visit Twelve Oaks Restaurant. It's a terrific place for a special occasion or just a truly wonderful dinner out.
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Great place for a nice meal with my wife on our 33rd wedding anniversary.

Had Surf & Turf - nice petit filet and an 8 oz lob tail. Sides were good.

Great service - very attentive and helpful with recommendations.

Beautiful old house moved to this site 20-odd years ago and converted to the restaurant it is today. Great atmosphere, not crowded, quiet.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

My family and I been wanting to come here for so long and finally did last night. We had mixed feelings walking in the restaurant, because you are walking into a house. But once we got in, we were greeted with a warm welcome.
We had spicy calamari for appetizer, we ordered one of their special grilled swordfish, then grill salmon, Shrimp scampi, lamb chop. They were all tasted great! It's a great family dinner experience for us and yes, we will come back again.
Our server was great, very attentive and oh, yes we ordered dessert, we liked the apple Walnut cake.

1  Thank Herminia W
Reviewed 1 June 2015

I can not say enough about how wonderful this place is! We have gone there for every special occasion for the last 15 years and just had our son's rehearsal dinner there on May 23 2015.
Kristi went over and above to accommodate the 64 people we had coming in from all over the country including New York City, Minneapolis and Atlanta.....and they all raved about the food and service. I didn't worry a bit hosting this dinner because they took care of everything.
The waiters and waitresses were awesome!
I consider these people family and am thankful Lisa kept her father's restaurant open after he passed.
Kudos to such a wonderful group of people!!

1  Thank Jean N
Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

It pains me to write this because for years we've enjoyed our dining experiences here and it was even our choice several years ago to celebrate a large wedding anniversary party. Sadly, the two most recent visits to this charming old Victorian-style home-turned-restaurant have been hugely disappointing. The location is intriguing, the ambiance and service wonderful. Even the cocktails are good and worthy of their fair price. But the food is another matter. Our Mother's Day party of 10 ordered 5 different entrees, salads and one appetizer and simply put, they just were not good. Prices are reasonable at $20-$30 for most entrees. Perhaps they need to demand more, charge more, and get a better grade of product and preparation. The house salad was decent. The Caesar salad tasted like it had come out of a cellophane bag. The calamari was tough. As one of our group said, 'there's nothing tender about the pork tenderloin.' The salmon was dry and the lamb chops were fatty. Our group member who ordered the ribeye steak was most satisfied. As I've said, I hate writing this poor review because I've loved the place for a long time, but our last two consecutive visits have left us underwhelmed.

3  Thank OKJa
Gregg J, Owner at Twelve Oaks Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2015

Thank you for bringing your recent experience at Twelve Oaks to our attention. Your feedback is appreciated. It is our goal that every guest expectations be surpassed on each and every visit to Twelve Oaks.
We have reviewed your concerns with our entire culinary staff and assure you that every effort is being made to prevent the issues you have identified from occurring in the future.
Please feel free to get in touch with us in person so that we can personally address your concerns in more detail.

Reviewed 30 April 2015

Avoid. Apparently, I can't go into details here, but it was not a good experience and I probably won't ever go back. If you go to their facebook page, there is a more detailed review there on what happened. It is too expensive, and the management is not good. You are paying way too much to have a lousy experience.

3  Thank Glenn B