“Good food, good service, expensive”
Review of Twelve Oaks Restaurant - CLOSED

Twelve Oaks Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: For great steaks, magnificent lobster, ocean-fresh seafood and fine wine visit Twelve Oaks Restaurant. It's a terrific place for a special occasion or just a truly wonderful dinner out.
Reviewed 15 April 2015

Great food and service but it is pricey so bring your checkbook. I usually get the steaks. The atmosphere is fantastic and romantic. It is a converted old home that is turned into a classy, quiet, elegant restaurant.

Reviewed 16 March 2015

We got reservations a couple of weeks ahead of time, then we had to reschedule for two weeks further. The lady I talked with on the phone was very kind and took care of reservation. When we arrived several people greeted us and made it a very friendly atmosphere right off from the start. Our waitress was very proffessional and gave us the information we needed to decide what we wanted to have. I started with a shrimp cocktail, temperature was correct and tasted very fresh to me. I just like water to drink with my dinner but my wife had some wine that she said was very good. I ordered the 18 oz. bone in ribeye with grilled squash and a salad with blue cheese dressing. Blue cheese dressing tasted homemade. Very good salad and the bread was excellent. My wife had grilled chicken breast with a sauce on top. She said hers was very good. My steak was cooked to medium-rare, perfectly cooked. We both finishe with a desert. I had the Twelve Oaks House desert. A pound cake with ice cream and a chocolate and carmel pecan glaze on top. The entire desert was not to sweet, which I liked. The cake was a bit overcooked I thought but very good. My wife had the lemon cream cake. I got to taste it, very, very good. My only negative would be that we came with another couple and could not hear our conversations very well with the piano playing. It's hard to trade off because I love to hear the music while we eat. And the music was beautiful, so my negative was very minor. I will for sure be back to eat there again.

Reviewed 1 February 2015

I cannot begin to tell you what a WONDERFUL AND PERFECT experience my family of 14 had last night at Twelve Oaks. We were celebrating my parents 50th anniversary and everyone at twelve oaks made it a true night to remember. The customer service was incredible, The great customer service actually began a week prior when they made sure to work us in their schedule because another restaurant cancelled on us at the last minute. They were so kind and accomodating. We wantefd to take professional family photos before we sat down for dinner. The owner and staff made sure we had everything we needed and let us come early and take our time until we were finished with all photos. We had a huge square table that fit everyone comfortably, and we were right by the piano, so we had beautiful music all night long. The servers were so hard working and so professional. We never had to ask for anything, and they seemed to be a step ahead of us all night. The food was so good, and was just the right portion. The owner even cut and served the anniversary cake to our family, and boxed up the leftovers and even washed the crystal tray that the cake came on.. I want to say a huge thank you to everyone at twelve oaks for all their hard work for making it a wonderful memory of a lifetime. My parents can't stop talking about how much fun they had, so that makes it so special.

1  Thank JoAnna W
Reviewed 26 November 2014

Our usual Friday foursome decided to try Twelve Oaks tonight. None of us had ever been, but had heard mixed reviews.

Starting with the stuffed mushroom appetizer. Plain button mushrooms with a soggy bread-based filling topped with a bland, imitation parmesan cheese. They had a pretty good flavor, but for the price they were nothing special.

Next, the salads. Large, sloppily cut, wet romaine lettuce with the blue cheese dressing poured over the top. With a slightly sweet, off-putting flavor and hardly any blue cheese in the dressing, it was clearly a commercial off-brand available in gallons from their food service truck. The caesar was very creamy, also with an unusual sweetness drenching the same romaine lettuce. Commercial-grade, shredded parmesan cheese and boxed croutons for garnish.

Finally, the steaks and lobster. Although we ordered steamed lobster tails, the curled edges were almost crunchy due to overcooking under direct heat. My guess is they sat under the warming element of the service window for far too long. Only the middle was succulent and tender. The old-school paprika covering the top of each piece of lobster was almost expected from this type of establishment, which caters to the non-foodie, older crowd. When we saw the bill, our jaws dropped at the "market" price for these two small, 7oz, poorly executed crustaceans.

The nightly special was a 22oz Prime, Dry-Aged, Bone-in Ribeye. Having had many of these steaks at many steakhouses within 500 miles of OKC, I was eager to order theirs as it is my absolute favorite cut of beef. I prefer my steaks medium-rare and can easily tell the properly cooked temperature with the press of a finger. My finger was telling me medium immediately upon examination. This was confirmed after cutting into the eye with the dull-bladed steak knife. Then I double checked the steak knife. It wasn't actually dull. The cut of meat, priced at over $60, was just not cutting easily. I took the first two bites and was met with a texture more similar to top sirloin rather than "Prime" "Dry-aged" ribeye. So I cut into the bone-side of the eye. Same thing. Not only was the steak tough, but the kind of toughness that leaves your jaw tired after the forth or fifth mouthful. Chewing and chewing. No dry-aged flavor to speak of whatsoever. The quality tasted no better than any chain supermarket offering. Dry-aged is easily identifiable in flavor, yet this steak had none of it. Not to mention the sirloin-like grain and consistency. This was absolutely not a prime, dry-aged steak, or I got the worst piece of the steer.

The manager made excuses and told me there was nothing wrong with the steak. The manager was very rude. My other dinner guests were shocked by her foul language and unprofessional handling of my complaint.

We will never be going back.

6  Thank Christopher B
Reviewed 10 September 2014

We have eaten at Twelve Oaks several times - anniversaries, Valentine's Day and company Christmas parties. Every time, Twelve Oaks has been outstanding. Most recently, we went with another couple for dinner who had never been there before. They were impressed. We had calamari as an appetizer; the portion was large and very tasty. We all had steaks and they were cooked to order and the flavor was to die for! The service is perfect. The piano player and singer in the background just adds to the ambience. If you haven't been here, add it to your "must go" list. Wonderful!

1  Thank Okiemomof2_17