“Humbled by the Pie”

The Heat
Ranked #13 of 347 Restaurants in Edmond
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We were just passing through Oklahoma city when we had our first experience of Chicago style pizza. Three of us shared a delicious Goddess 10" and were bursting. Upbeat and hip restaurant, good food and value for money.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is a great family-owned business. The owner/chef has won many national awards for his pizza. He is very innovative about his pizza toppings, and there are many delicious and unusual combinations. He has thin crust, deep dish, even a gluten-free crust which I understand is the best in the area. The atmosphere is casual and friendly. If you are in a hurry, you might want to call ahead, especially if you like deep dish pizza, because the preparation of the pizzas is slow. We love to eat here.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Being from Chicago, I know good pizza when I taste it. I happened upon Humble Pie while driving down Broadway back to the hotel, and thought I would give it a try. I'm glad I did.

For starters, it's not a chain restaurant; its owned by a husband and wife and they employ some of the friendliest staff you will meet.

I ordered a large salad and a 10" deep dish. The salsa was large and delicious (try it with their Gorgonzola garlic dressing) and the pizza was a dream to eat, bringing back memories of home. There is plenty of seating in the restaurant and was very busy when I grabbed my order to go.

I was very happy with the food and the staff and will definitely return.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

We stopped here as a family of 7 (3 adults and 4 children). We ordered two pizzas, one a supreme and the other cheese for the kids. Both pizzas were very good.

When we arrived we were seated in a quick and friendly manner. Our drink orders were taken almost immediately followed shortly be the pizza order. This is not the typical fast food pizza restaurant. Our pizzas did take a while but were freshly prepared to our specifications with plenty of toppings.

The building is in a strip mall and is not fancy but was clean.

I felt that the cost for feeding 7 of us was very reasonable. If we are in the area again I would return. This was the best pizza that I have had in a long time.

2  Thank BRTravelingFool
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Service was good and food was excellent. We had the Thunder dip as an appetizer and it wonderful. Ordered the all meat Chicago Deep Dish and although we had to wait about 30 minutes for it to cook, it was great! My son and I are a fan of Giordano's in Chicago so the bar is pretty high, but Humble Pie was pretty darn good!

Been to The Heat? Share your experiences!