See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 November 2011

The staff was helpful and the room was clean. They use environmentally friendly practices, like offering to not launder every day, which I appreciated. The Wifi was good. The room comes with a BIG 'fridge and microwave! It's right off a major road, so there's road noises, but the bathroom has a fan (without requiring the light to be on) and keeping that on all night drowned out most of the noises. The bathtubs are cool - I've never seen a bathtub with a whirlpool in it before - and that was most enjoyable. Directions for it were very helpful, and clear. The things that surprised me were the telephone and the door. My telephone started making little, uneven, clicking sounds in the middle of the night, so I unplugged it. I think it was because they lost power to it, because there was no dial tone. The door was tricky to close. I was able to open it, after closing it repeatedly, from the outside. But slamming the door seemed to do the trick. I was at the top of the stairs, and there were some rowdy truckers up early one morning, but otherwise the place is nice and quiet. I even saw an Amish couple driving (yes, driving) away in their car - so you know it's a real bargain!

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Best price I have seen in a while. Nice clean room.

Date of stay: September 2011
Reviewed 16 August 2011

this is an older property, and could use a bit of work, but my room was very large and clean. it had a couch and a real desk, with good wifi. the front desk people were all friendly and helpful. the breakfast is a bit skimpy, but was adequate for me.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2009

My experience with Super 8 in Barllesville was so terrible, I feel it's my civic responsibility to warn the public. My laptop computer was stolen from my car, recovered by the owner of the motel, and then while in his possession, vandalized beyond recovery. This owner denies any responsibility, claiming the vandelism occurred before he (claims) he found the computer in the parking lot. However, a computer tech person verified that files were deleted and new programs like Dark Yahoo were added during the time it was in this man's office.
I sent the owner a bill for the computer technician and the cost of a new laptop, which he has ignored. Super 8 customer care has done nothing other than apologize.
I will never stay at another Super 8 and will tell everyone who will listen about my experience.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank buffalo07
Reviewed 19 March 2008

I expected little because it is a budget hotel chain. Most of the other chains in the town were very expensive.
I was given a room directly above the check-in desk so any time someone came in the lobby and spoke with the reception desk I could hear it all. Plus, each morning I heard folks in the tiny lobby eating breakfast.
The room was not even close to clean. There was a strange odor to the room which I located behind the night stand. When I pulled the night stand from the wall there was a large pile of chips and other snack foods that had been there for who knows how long. I would venture to say it is still there.
The sheets on one side of the large king size bed had foreign stains on them...scary. Not sure if they had been washed in a while.
The stairs outside leading up to the room will give most a fright as well. They have visivle rot on the risers.
I should have paid the extra and gone to the Hampton Inn across the street.
I see photos can be attached here. I wish I had taken some.

Date of stay: February 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank pa22colt