“mediocre place, staff is horrible & ignorant” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Zanesville

Red Roof Inn Zanesville
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“mediocre place, staff is horrible & ignorant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2009

I made the mistake of stopping here on a cross-country trip. the front desk clerk assured me the wifi was working fine; after check-in got to the room to discover the wifi was not working. I should have tried the wifi right in front of the guy I guess.

Then to top it off, they charged me $150 extra which the front desk claims they didn't, but it's on my Discover card bill. So now I'll have to dispute it with the credit-card company since the front desk claims they only charged me the one night (a miserably spent $69.96 at that).

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Zanesville, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Mediocre Place in 2009
I am Dennis the New General Manager here now at the Econo Lodge since mid 2011, I am sorry our internet did work for you and that the staff that was working here over charged your card when you stay at our property in 2009. I want to assure that we have a full new staff and the wifi has been corrected to an certain extent. I will be all over the building with awesome signal & strength by this summer. Our hotel is now under New Management, Staff and Ownership. We have been working hard on Renovating the rooms and cleaning up the property. I hope you will reconsider in the future to use our facility.
Sincerely
Dennis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Madison, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

We booked this motel on line without actually seeing it. It was an old fashioned drive up motel. What was scary about it was people hung out in the front of the motel all night near the bar. When we told one of the residents where we were staying he laughed and said, "Don't be surprised if you get a knock at the door and offered illicit services." It was a first stay and a last stay.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Dear Scary Motel Guest
I am Dennis the New General Manager here, I am sorry for your bad stay with us back in 2009. I can honestly say that is not the case any more. The Hotel is under New Management and Ownership. We have been working hard on Renovations and cleaning up the property. I hope you will reconsider in the future to use our facility. I am truly am sorry you had a bad stay with this facility before I started.
Sincerely
Dennis

Travellers are raving about these Zanesville hotels