“Outstanding”

Gordy's Sandveech Market
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Deli, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Gordy's Sandveech Market is quickly becoming recognized as a destination for Gourmet Hand-Crafted Sandwiches, Soups and Desserts. Browse our market, grab a Take Away dinner or sit down and enjoy one of our Sandveeches! Hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We come her all the time. They have the best gourmet sandwiches in town! We highly recommend. Sitting outside is really delightful.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Ever been there? Do you even know where they are located? And this is after almost 15 years there! Their sandveeches are exceptional: Boar's Head Meats, excellent Breads, sides, and service. This is one of those places that everyone should try, but maybe if they do, it will become like YOGI BERRA said: "No-one goes there anymore cause it's too crowded!" I can tell you this, when you go there once, I am sure you will return...

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Gordy's has the most delicious sandwiches in town! Always made to order with fresh ingredients. Some new twists on old favorites. Large portions---enough to share. Delicious!

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

I came across this place on social media a couple of weeks ago and was surprised that I didn't even know it existed! My husband and I tried to stop by on a Friday evening, on our way to a football game, but it was closed and I had been dying to try it ever since. I finally made plans to take my husband lunch and stopped in to place an order. The interior has a very cool, relaxed vibe. I loved the design and decor. It seemed very clean. The menu selection is great - I had a hard time choosing, because they all sounded amazing. The ONLY drawback to my visit was the wait. I ordered at 12:20 and it was ready just a few minutes before 1:00. There seemed to be some trouble with previous orders that they had to go back and fix, thus causing the delay. Mistakes happen...I understand. I wouldn't let that stop me from trying it again. But, I would recommend calling ahead to place an order, if you're on a schedule. If you're stopping in to order in person, give yourself some extra time. These are not mass produced burgers...which is a good thing! Luckily, my husband was able to hold off on taking his lunch break, so it wasn't a big deal for us. The sandveeches turned out to be both excellent and worth the wait. The bread was amazing, the meat and other ingredients seemed very fresh. We will definitely be back. A couple suggestions...First, would be to up your advertising game - especially on social media...the only way I came across it was because someone I follow on IG posted a picture. Second, consider staying open later...we would love to be able to stop in for a dinner a sandveech ;) (I saw a sign on the door that you're hiring...I understand the hours may be a staffing issue as well.) All in all - I give it 2 thumbs up and if you're reading this review - try it for yourself and come back here and leave your own...and tell your friends! Support local! ❤️

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

The Yelp reviews brought us in.
Six of us... Tried a variety of sandwiches and salads... The salad was lovely but the sandwiches were just so so I don't think any of us really enjoyed them...
Also... We had to ask for everything!
Give it a try but don't expect extraordinary!

1  Thank KathleenK367
Stephen L, Owner at Gordy's Sandveech Market, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Kathleen K,

We are glad you stopped in to visit our Market this Saturday and I am disappointed you were not completely satisfied with your experience at Gordy's Sandveech Market. As I was not there and customer service is a top priority to us and you mentioned that you had to ask for everything, could you please send me a note on what we could improve upon. Also, if you could tell me what type of Sandveech you were looking for that may have made your experience better we would be happy to consider it. Our bread is made by an
Artisan Bakery from Pittsburgh and our meats and cheese are either roasted in house or Boar's Head Brand. Thank you again for you patronage.

Gordy :)