“Great fish and chips”

Cuisines: Irish, British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I thought the fish and chips was excellent. This was as close to Ireland as I've had in the states. French onion soup was good as well.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Reliable comfort food in our hometown pub. Between 161 and South Street on the west side (where the old Worthington Hardware used to be). Bottomless fish and chips anytime truly a delight, but so good you're too full for more. Salads good and beer cold. Cramped quarters, but you're so glad to have a table, you dont mind. Servers work hard. Four or five tables out front.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We only moved to Worthington two months ago, but we've been to Old Bag of Nails every single week we've lived here. Obviously it is the current favorite, and for good reason! My wife and I are huge mussel fans, and these are the best mussels we've had in the Columbus area! Always so fresh and creamy. Just the best. We get them every time. My personal favorite item is the fish and chips, which is their signature dish. It's the best fish and chips I've ever eaten. The batter isn't too thick or too thin, is always crispy, comes with awesome quality chips, tasty tartar sauce, and the white fish it is made with is super good. My wife has tried many things and liked them all very much. She gets the French onion soup every time, without fail. I think her favorite overall entree would probably be their burger. She's easier to please than me, and says their regular American bar food makes her happy as heck. We love utilizing their outdoor seating. Beautiful views of quaint downtown Worthington while you dine! And while prices aren't fantastic, they're certainly not back-breaking. Check it out!

Reviewed 25 May 2017

A very small friendly casual restaurant, Old Bag of Nails is a tradional American food pub in downtown Worthington. The fish and chips are legendary at the restaurant. The onion soup is outstanding and should be tried. A friendly wait staff serving you in a great atmosphere. Open for lunch and dinner, a most enjoyable meal

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Great American-pub menu, relaxing atmosphere, top-notch service. Of all the Old Bag of Nails locations, this is my favorite. Although, because it's a narrow establishment, it's not ideal for large groups during busy hours.