“Excellent Seafood”

Mitchell's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Woodmere
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Mitchell's Fish Market is a premier upscale-casual seafood restaurant concept featuring the absolute freshest seafood. Mitchell's Woodmere has a raw bar, open kitchen, the fish case displaying Today's catch and customized cutting room and offers a variety of seafood options including grilled or broiled, blackened, cooked Shang Hai style or prepared to your taste. Mitchell's also offers a Gluten free menu.
Reviewed 18 August 2018

My husband and I decided we were in the mood for "a good fish dinner" --- which usually means fish and chips! However, we decided to go for some seafood instead, and chose to visit Mitchell's Fish Market. We hadn't been there in a decade at least, so therefore remembered very little about it. However, once we were led through the pleasantly atmospheric dining room, we were very happy to be reminded of how much we had liked this place the last time we'd come. Our server was very friendly, attentive and helpful, particularly in giving my husband good information about how to accommodate his special diet. It was hard to choose from so many delicious-sounding choices, but he finally decided on the Steak & Lobster (sirloin steak and lobster tail) with double vegetables, along with a wedge salad minus bacon and with extra egg and cucumbers. I ordered Market Catch simply grilled sea scallops that came with smashed redskins and market vegetables. While my husband enjoyed his wedge salad, I munched on the fresh, hot bread with butter that had great crunch and the distinctive bite of sourdough. When our meals arrived, my husband's steak was cooked to perfection and his lobster tail was beautifully presented on top of the shell. My scallops were grilled on two skewers with butter and garlic. They were tender and wonderfully tasty --- it was hard not to scarf them down, but I made myself take my time and truly savor them. The smashed potatoes were decadent and yummy --- comfort good at its finest. We were both too full when we were done to even consider dessert, but we may have to come back one day to sample the Creme Brulee, Sharkfin Pie and Key Lime Pie. All in all it was a wonderful meal with excellent service and delightful ambiance. We'll be coming back to Mitchell's again much sooner than later!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I celebrate our anniversary by eating seafood. On our honeymoon and 5th anniversary we did this on the coast of Maine. This year we tried Mitchell’s Fish Market. The restaurant had a quiet and romantic atmosphere. We started with a sashimi tuna appetizer which was okay. We also had chowder and bisque. I ordered a shrimp and crab pasta. it was tasty but not anything extra special. My husband had salmon. About 2/3 through the salmon, he stopped eating because it was not cooked. He brought it to the attention of the server. She said she would tell the chef. She then brought our bill and cashed us out. I have worked in the food industry in not as high priced restaurants and in those places when a customer had issue with the food, a manager would check in with the customer. They would apologize and offer some way to make it right. We were a little taken aback that no effort was made to make us want to return. And so... we will not return or recommend this restaurant .

Reviewed 6 August 2018

There are not a lot of options for good seafood restaurants on the eastside. This is pretty good, but I wish they would add some variety to the menu and have more specials. They offer a nice selection of fish of the day and you can have it prepared the way you want.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

The restaurant has a nice atmosphere. We ate dinner on a rainy Wednesday night and they were not busy at all. I had the crab-filled Flounder. It was a great dish. The main fish was white and flaky and very mild. My colleague had the Tuna (rate). She enjoyed it immensely. Service was very good. I would recommend Mitchell’s.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

Excellent selection of fresh seafood that is truly fresh. Some places say it but don't deliver but Mitchells does. I can recommend pretty much the whole menu. Been there with a group a few times and everyone has enjoyed their meals. Service was pretty solid also.