“Mother’s Day Disaster”

BRAVO Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
BRAVO Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 20 Restaurants in Woodmere
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: BRAVO Cucina Italiana is proud to serve Italian classics with a twist made with authentic old world cooking techniques and the highest-quality ingredients - housemade pasta specialties, pizzas and flatbreads, steaks, chops and seafood. We invite you to come join our atmosphere under a fun, family-friendly Roman ruin decor. Join us at BRAVO Cucina Italiana, the best Italian restaurant near you!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went to Bravo to have an early Mother’s Day dinner on Sat May 13th. We weren’t served water for at least 20 min. I asked about the drink special which the waitress couldn’t answer. Our food was horrible. My kids were not served their dinner for at least 1/2 hr after my food. Their good eventually came and it was cold. My husband witnessed a server leaving the restroom without washing his hands. Then as we were paying our bill I asked the waitress what our bill would have been so we could tip her (since the manager comped our bill for the horrible wait and service)she lied and added $40 to the total to get a bigger tip! Needless to say, I will never step foot in the restaurant again! Sent a message to Corp and no response!!!!

Bravo B, Guest Relations Manager at BRAVO Cucina Italiana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello, we are sorry to hear about this. We are sending you a private message.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Went to Bravo for a business luncheon asked for a quiet area as were having a meeting. We were sat to the left in a very cold area. We waited over 10 min for our server who explained tht he just got there. We ordered our beverages which arrived 7 minutes later? Bread came out dry and hard asked for fresh bread tht we never received. During our meals another table began playing a game with tiles?? They were sliding the tiles across.the table and were very loud. When asked our server replied w a bit of attitude tht yes this group plays here 2x a week at lunchtime. How can people go out for a business luncheon when games are played . We called our meeting short and left without finishing our lunch. Too many choices w much better atmosphere tht appreciate their customers.

Bravo B, Guest Relations Manager at BRAVO Cucina Italiana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hello, we are sorry to hear about this. We are sending you a private message.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Went back to try Bravo again as the food is good --- but still lacking in service and care ---waiter did not know there were bowls of soup ---- after my first review Bravo responded with stating "sent a private message" --- well still awaiting the private message as one was never received. Shows try lack of caring for customers and only interested in the dollars --- but both go together

Bravo B, Guest Relations Manager at BRAVO Cucina Italiana, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Hello Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about this. I will have the District Partner reach out to your as soon as possible.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Our service was good. The ambience was great. The food was terrible.
I ordered the Shrimp Bruschetta. It said shrimp tomato's and cheese sauce. That's it. Number it was temperature hot. Completely unexpected. Kind of a turn off when not expected. Next I shared it with my niece. I licked my fork and my tounge was burning off. I am very sensitive to spices. Hot spices. There was nothing on the menu that said spicy. Other menus have evolved to actually describing the dish fully. My niece didn't eat it either. If it weren't for my dad, the entire dish would have been returned and requested to be removed from my bill.
So I went for the dinner. Lobster Ravioli. Disgusting. 2 bites I bagged it up took it home and threw it out. Dry. Very dry. No flavor but bad Lobster. It permeated every bite.
Not returning any time soon.

Bravo B, Guest Relations Manager at BRAVO Cucina Italiana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hello Jody, we are sorry to hear about this. We are sending you a private message.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

went here for the first time ---- the service is poor - we were served food with no napkins or service ware --- hard to flag a server to get beverages etc --- took 15 minutes to be initially approached. Went up to the manager as paid a compliment that the Italian Wedding Soup was excellent and wished their was a bowl - he replied that they have a bowl and I stated the menu only has one price and he replied "well we do" --- am I supposed to be a mind reader? Also mentioned that the ceasar salad is listed as "classical" and that a "Classical" Ceasar sald includes anchovies. I asked the server if the salad came with anchovies and he replied yes, but did not inform me that there was a surcharge for two anchovy fillets. Really a surcharge on an anchovy salad? I mentioned that it stated "Classical" and his response was that we would have to raise the price. he was arrogent and rude with both responses. The food is excellent -- to bad the manager and service is lacking. The servers appeared to be gathered with two or three to clear a table at a time after people left and then spent 10 minutes in conversation over the table and not even once scanning the room. You need a new manager as staff are only as good as the manager. Asked to see a menu to add an appetizer and it took 20 minutes (I timed it) to bring one. Really that long!

Bravo B, Guest Relations Manager at BRAVO Cucina Italiana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Hello Michelle, we are sorry to hear about this. We are sending you a private message.