“Fun Night Out!”

Paladar Latin Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Paladar Latin Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Woodmere
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: Brazilian, Cuban, Latin, Guatemalan
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 271 / Chagrin Boulevard
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I have to say for as many times as I have been to Eton I have never set foot in Paladar, had zero idea of what was going on inside! A few friends were in town for the holidays and selected it for its central location, and what a great pick. The night was bone-chilling, but we warmed up nicely with a wide array of beverages (oddly none of us had rum!), and started off with a fantastic (traditional) guacamole and queso findido made without meat. Loved the basket of chips that came with the appetizers, not just your standard basket of nacho chips, but they kick it up a notch with taro and plantain chips. Our server was beyond fantastic. She was super attentive without being pushy, and was quick to identify any special dietary needs. She was also very helpful in pointing out what dishes could be made and taste good minus the meat for the veggie in the group. I do believe her name was Alethea and I'd go back to Paladar for her service alone. She either really loves her job and people, or she deserves an Academy Award! We ran the gamut on entrees and every plate was thoroughly cleaned. My tiny tuna tacos were really a delight, great flavor, and uniquely served on taro shells rather than the standard corn or flour shells. After the plates were cleared and we were contemplating dessert, a plate of churros show up with chocolate and marshmallow sauce on the side. I think Alethea wanted to sweeten us up because I didn't not eat my side of cauliflower that I ordered. Honestly, it looked charred to death, and was not particularly tasty (chili spiced was advertised on the menu). The churros were loaded with cinnamon which pleased three out of four of us at the table, and Alethea must have heard the comments as we were digging into the churros and out of no where comes a bowl of mango sorbet. If this is how the restaurant runs and trains its staff, then well done! If it was our waitress making calls on her own, and wowing her guests on her own, double well done! The room was a little loud, but not horrible, we could talk among ourselves without issue, and lighting was also dimmed for the evening, but still light enough to see what we were doing. I'm looking forward to another trip back soon. If you are holed up in a nearby hotel, worth the trip down Chagrin for a meal at Paladar.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Met for happy hour and apps. Absolutely fabulous guacamole (got 3 different kinds) with plantain and other assorted chips. Also had portobello empanadas - OMG they were to die for! This was one of the best happy hour and appetizer combinations I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying! Will be back!

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Tired of the menu. It's been the same for ever. Yet some of the things I loved are gone. Like black beans.
Not sure why.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

We thought we'd share a few appetizers for dinner, but couldn't imagine how much food that would be. The terrific guac comes with lovely veggie chips (taro and plantain in addition to standard tortilla chips), and you can customize it with all kinds of add-ins (we ate it straight and it was GOOD!). The best appie was the Tostones with Shredded Mojo Pork. We also liked the Cobia & Avocado Ceviche. You can skip the mushroom empanadas, not nearly as good as the others.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

We stopped in for lunch on the weekend. They offered the lunch menu and weekend brunch menu. The guacamole was great and served with three types of chips, including plantain. We each opted for one of the non-alcoholic drinks ('mojito' charred pineapple and blackberry thyme lemonade)..very refreshing and unique without being overpowering. The fish tacos were good as was the entree that my companion got. Overall, fine service, great guac and good food.

1  Thank LSQRD1