“Just good food”
Review of The Morehouse

The Morehouse
Ranked #25 of 132 Restaurants in Willoughby
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Haven't been here since it changed ownership but used to frequent the previous, John's Cafe. Been wanting to try this place for a LONG time but never any available parking in this town. Parking spot was available so we decided to stop and try it out. Very happy we did and will certainly return in the future. The bartender was very nice and very helpful (Taylor) and chatty. I ordered the brisket and my wife had the chicken. Both were extremely plentiful orders and food was excellent.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

The meal started promising... fried green tomatoes appetizer was good. Jambalaya was ok but served in a bowl so narrow that it was hard to eat. Fried chicken was dry and served with burnt hush puppies (seriously... how did these make it to my table? They were literally black. Inedible. The cook should have known, the waitress should have known). The smoked mac n cheese was tasty but reminded me too much of Stouffers. I won't be back.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

We tried the Morehouse based on its location and the menu. The food is good and the menu is interesting. My wife enjoyed shrimp and grits while I had one of my favorites, short ribs.

The restaurant itself is ok in terms of ambiance. Given that we went recently (winter) it was a bit cold where we sat. Contributing to that was the large garage door that they have for summer dining, that was close to our table. Service was good and parking is ok, as long as you time it right.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Great service! Amazing food! Chicken and waffles best I've ever had, and the raspberry chipotle sauce for the top?! Mmmmmmmm! Pork grinds and Mac cheese were amazing too! Honestly, don't remember anything that wasn't amazing!

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We stopped by here Monday night and dined on a nice choice of apps. Tacos were filled with tasty pork and chicken. Great sauces and the meat was fantastic. We also had the cajun catfish sliders which were really great. Top it off with German Pretzel sticks and beer chese . Every time we have eaten here the trip has been well worth it.