“Dinner with the in laws”

Trader Jack's Riverside Grille
Ranked #4 of 132 Restaurants in Willoughby
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Description: Situated on the banks of the Chagrin River, Trader Jack's Riverside Grille prides itself in serving great food, with friendly, efficient service in an amazing setting.
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We got there at 6 on a Sunday night. Place was pretty busy. Waited about 20 min for table. Seated on patio. Kristen was our server. She took our drink orders and returned quickly. We ordered the patty melt, steak salad, fried perch, and scallops. Food came quickly. The patty melt was cooked perfectly. The steak salad is good size and very good. The fried perch with fries and coke slaw was excellent. The broiled scallops with baked potato was very good. Root beer floats for dessert! Excellent. Good food and great service Never disappointed.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We know this is a loud restraunt, it is close by, we enjoy the food, trying to have a conversation with my husband but the table near by had a young 2 yr old which shrill screamed about 5 times while we were eating, had 3 other children loud running around , OK I can take it, but the six time this child screamed took me over the edge... I finally yelled will you plz deal with it!!! Oh my the family finally took her out and dealt with it. I know when I go here it will be loud, but screaming children should be dealt with, if the family does not then management should, instead of bringing another patron paying 80.00 for dinner and wine to deal with it. Took the edge off a meal I could pay the same amount for in a much more quite place, Family friendly is one thing, shrill screams from a two yr old is another. It will be a long time before I go back.

1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed 18 June 2018

massive patio that sits along the river. large variety of menu options. lake perch is the specialty.

1  Thank anthonymV7415AI
Reviewed 28 May 2018

After reading all the positive reviews we decided to stop here for a late lunch on our way back home from downtown Cleveland. It's not difficult to get to from Route 2 and is nicely situated next to the Chagrin River.

It was a cool Spring day and we thought it might be a good choice for some al fresco dining, but when we arrived we found it was too cool to be seated outside even though they did offer it as a choice. There were a few couples in the restaurant, but other than that it was emply except for some of the staff eating their lunches.

The menu had a nice selection of different foods and we decided to get fried shrimp and their specialty the perch dinners. Each dinner came with "fresh cut fries" but boy that wasn't the case. They were cut fresh at some point in time and then frozen. This is the second restaurant we've been to lately that uses this term and it is misleading and very disappointing because there's nothing like fresh fries!! Dinner also came with cole slaw with the choice of a side salad for $3.99 which we decided to do.

The shrimp was your average fried shrimp, nothing special like taste or size. The perch was lightly coated and good, but if this is their specialty I guess I had their best and it was okay. As mentioned above the fries were like any other restaurant and the salad was good, but having to pay $4 extra when ordered with a dinner was a bit much.

We also had two beers with our late lunch/dinner and with tip it was $60. Definitely not worth it. The server was polite, but considering how there were so few people in the restaurant, it would have been nice if she would have checked on us a couple of times other than to take our order and deliver our food.

We had hoped this would be a good place to add to our list of summer dining places, but it won't. One visit was enough for us. Not bad, just not really good.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Went at 6pm on a Wednesday
First seating was busy, slacked off after that. It's a bit noisy in there but the food and the service was outstanding. Had the mixed grill seafood and it was perfect. The salad was exceptional...not the usual head lettuce and carrots of some other places and the asparagus was cooked to perfection. Love this place. My friend has steak and loved her meal equally well.