“Impressed and will certainly return when compared to other sites I've stayed at in the near neighborhood.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East

Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wickliffe
Hartville, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

This was such a nice experience.
The staff were very helpful. Check in was easy and questions answered without problem. If they did not have an answer they were quick to seek the answer for you.
The room was updated with new carpeting and furnishings.The bathroom was clean and again updated with new shower rods and curtains. This is an updated hotel without the old hotel smell and overall feel that many other hotels still have. The 2 things in the room that reminds you that this is an update is the older heating unit with limited adjustment range and the older TV set.
I had a beautiful view of a snow covered winter woodland out of my window. They can't claim the snow but .....as I was there for several nights, they did not put me on the parking lot side which was appreciated.
The lobby and eating area have some unique design features which which were up to date making it pleasurable to look at and be in the space. There was comfortable computer space and flat screen TV in the lobby area. There is an indoor heated pool that is also available. I didn't have an opportunity to take a dip but plan to do so my next stay!
The Continental Breakfast offered hot scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and make your own waffles in addition to the standard fruit, yogurt, bagels, and danish.
The location is very Cleveland and Eastern Burbs friendly. It was delightfully surprising for the price range when comparing it to similarly priced sites in the near neighborhood. As a single gal I won't hesitate to return on my next overnight.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank AktonTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hiller, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2011

I always stay at Quality Inn when I visit my family near Cleveland. I live in Pennsylvania and after the 3 hour drive its nice to check in to a clean, friendly comfortable environment to make me feel right at home.
The Staff is friendly and always greet me with a smile. Each morning breakfast is waiting for me to fuel my stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. It is close to the City of Cleveland and the hotel has easy access to the main highway. The hotels reasonable prices, quality, comfort and location make my trips easy.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank SheriHeckerman
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

My wife and I and 3 year old daughter stayed at this facility while visiting family in the area. Initially I was a little leary after reading some negative comments on this site. But we decided to try it anyway because it was very near to my family. When we got there, we were pleasantly surprised. First off, the staff there was very friendly and helpful. We got a king room with a crib. They had the crib in the room before we even got there. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. The heater worked well, the sheets were clean and the bed was comfortable. We had a comfortable night's sleep.
They had a pool and fitness room at this place. The pool looked inviting but we didn't have enough time to try it; maybe on our next trip.
In the morning we had a nice breakfast with fresh waffles and coffee. The serving staff was very courteous and helpful.
Checkout went quickly and smoothly. The staff repeatedly asked how our stay was. It appeared that they truly wanted to make sure we had a pleasant stay. Overall, we did have a very pleasant stay. There really isn't anything negative I can say abot this place. We will definitely stay here on our next trip.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Tony52509
Kos, Greece
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

We were in Cleveland for a Cheer Competition and we found this hotel online at a reasonable rate...but don't believe everything you see online...This hotel is nothing like the pictures...When we pulled up there was no place to park because the parking lot was filled with snow...I get out of the car to unload luggage and walk up to the door and Fall straight on pavement. Obviously no one knew how to shovel and salt either. So we go in to our First room...The room was dark and dingy but that wasnt the worst part...we look over and there is FECAL MATTER on the WALL...then open a drawer to find half eaten crackers....DISGUSTED we get a different room and start to change to take the kids to the pool...On the walk to the pool we notice that there are dingy washclothes all over holding doors open and walls have water stains all over...Honestly it was like this MOTEL opened up just for our group we had. Well we got to the pool...IT WAS GREEN and we asked about cleanliness of the pool to the front desk(should have known better). She said yes it was just cleaned in the morning and that it was great. So the kids swam...my daughter got sick after swimming anothers eyes turned extremely red and another's swimsuit was basically bleached from the amount of chemicals...We wanted to find the restaurant/lounge as it shows in pictures...YEAH NOT SO MUCH...what they forget to tell you on the website is that there was a SHOOTING in the TEEN CLUB that is attached called evolutions...there is no lounge or restaurant...PLEASE STAY AWAY...this plays makes the BATES motel or OVERLOOK look like a welcoming experience.

• Stayed February 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank jmominee_11
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

The room was smelly, old carpet, and the beds were older than dirt! I knew the room was cheap so I didnt make a big deal. During the night I had a terrible time falling sleep. I woke up at 6 AM to bed bugs all over my bed! I got up and noticed blood on my pillow and on the sheets. I look around and found many bugs running around the bed. I was attacked all night! I reported the issue to the manamenent and they refused to help. Claiming that they are not respossible. I called the police and got my night stayed back. THE WORSE HOTEL EVER!! STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank msilver09
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wickliffe
10.3 km away
7.0 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
14.3 km away
Best Western Plus Lawnfield Inn & Suites

Been to Econo Lodge Wickliffe - Cleveland East? Share your experiences!