“Relaxing atmosphere with quality food”

White Oaks Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 117 Restaurants in Westlake
Price range: US$23 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Casual Fine Dining, Six fireplaces, Scenic views hovering above the Cahoon Creek. Ducks, Deer, Squirrels, Chipmunks are fed daily. Don't be surprised to see wild turkeys, albino racoons, or hawks. Menu has a variety of selections including Filet Mignon, Rack of Lamb, Beef Wellinton, Veal Marsala, Atlantic Salmon, Twin Maine Lobster Tails just to name a few. Meals come with a tray of relishes and cottage cheese, fresh tossed house salad, homemade twiced baked potato, stir fry vegetable, and fresh in house baked bread from our exposed ovens ...served with honey chive butter. A former speakeasy during prohibition, the main hallway has remarkable memorabilia with old menus, pictures, adorning the walls for customers to enjoy. An overall grand experience awaits at White Oaks. Celebrating 88 years in business!!
Reviewed 6 November 2018

This place was a speakeasy during Prohibition. Its a quiet place with a relaxing atmosphere. The food is prepared well and with care. Everything is delicious and the wood burning fireplaces only add to the atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 October 2018

We ate dinner here last night for my husband's birthday with another couple. The food was okay, no rave reviews. The setting is very nice.

Our waitress kept calling us "you guys". That may be okay in a casual diner, but it isn't appropriate in a fine dining establishment.

The way the bill was handled was quite strange. There were two couples, and we each had a coupon for $15 off two entrees. The waitress told us that with the coupons she could not give us separate checks! In the end, I think she screwed herself out of half her tip with the way the she handled the bill.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

I ate dinner this evening. It was a great find. Older building with lots of beautiful wood and quaint decor. The bacon wrapped scallops in butter/sherry sauce was to die for. All of our food was good and brought out promptly. I would recommend a seat with a window view of the woods, water and wild life. If I could change one thing, I believe the hostess and wait staff could have been a bit friendlier. "The food runners were just that. Dropping and runnin and sometimes you weren't sure what they were laying down for you lol. All in all, great food and a good experience. I would return for sure.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Went to White Oaks for the first time for the clambake. All the food was delicious except for the clams. The seasonings used for the clams was a lot different than what I am accustomed too. I’ve been going to clam bakes for over thirty years. My wife was of the same opinion. The chicken and steak was outstanding. Going to a fine restaurant for a clambake is a gamble and this time we lost. You always see a full parking lot, figuring they should be used to crowds, but the service was slow. Our neighboring table left after being served their soup/chowder. They could not wait any longer, 1-1/2 hours was their breaking point We did have a long wait between servings.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I love this place. The patrons remind me of the cast of the movie Cocoon. The food is amazing and the service is fantastic. This place is one of the last restaurants in town that you can get Duck à l'orange.
Long Island Duckling ... $29.99

Slow-Roasted and Glazed Crispy with a Grand Marnier, Honey, Kumquat, and Green Peppercorn Sauce, Served with House Rice Medley

Date of visit: September 2018