“Best Chinese”
Review of Great Tang Chinese

Great Tang Chinese
Ranked #41 of 217 Restaurants in West Chester
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

I heard good things, and without plan, I ended up here with my fiance'. We ordered Dim Sum, then shared an entree and then another Dim Sum. We were intrigued by every dish that passed us, but was full. The Dim Sum cart passed us so many times and everything looked so good. The food we ate was fabulous. The employees were all VERY friendly, and the restaurant was very clean. We were very impressed, even with the price. Overall happy and looking fwd to going back.

1  Thank krrfd

Reviewed 21 October 2017

When you are the only non Chinese person in the place, you know the food is authentic Chinese. Really good hot and sour soup. Also great Kung pao chicken. Really enjoyed it.

1  Thank scootiequeen
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

There are many Chinese or Asian restaurants that serve “Americanized” Chinese food . That is, food or dishes that do not even exist in China or ones that Chinese who own the restaurants never eat themselves.
While this place does have a section on the menu called “American Chinese Dishes”, the more adventurous customers order off the “Traditional” menu. This is where you will find the sort of amazing cuisine you can only find in New York’s or San Francisco’s Chinatown!
They have many traditional noodle dishes and fish soups. Also, this is the only place I know of in Ohio where you can get dish called “Chinese Hot Pot”. I personally had a stir fry dish called “Beef With Cilantro”. It had a sort of Chinese brown gravy seasoning with a mild spice and steamed rice.

When they brought my order to the table, I was amazed at how huge the main dish bowl was. In fact, it came with a separate plate and a giant serving spoon so you could first spoon out the rice then spoon the main dish over top of it. The flavor was incredible! Like nothing else I’ve ever had before.
Also, the portion was so huge I probably could have fed 3 adults with that one dish. In fact, I had to get a take home box for a very large left over portion. Of course, I was happy to warm this up and eat it for lunch the next two days!
When I first ordered my dish, I thought nearly $13.00 was a bit steep for one person. I found out that in the future, make sure you bring one or two friends to share and split it up and you will find that you are only spending about 5 bucks each not including drinks for what turns out to be one of the biggest fine dining bargains anywhere on the planet.

I have friends who are originally from Thailand and they have always said “if you want the best and most authentic Asian food go to places where the customer base is mostly Asian”. Well, this place fits that mold. The clientele was 90% Asian. They really know what’s authentic and where the best quality is.

If you are tired of all the deep fried garbage dishes designed to be served just to Americans that are high calorie and high cholesterol at the local buffets or Chinese take outs and want to taste what REAL authentic quality and healthy Chinese food is like, give this place a try. You’ll be glad you did.

3  Thank Xcorgi
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I ran into this place after taking my kid to EnterTRAINment Center in West Chester on a Sunday afternoon.
The place is well built, large, modern and has great atmosphere. I felt as if I were in a good chinese restaurant in Chinatown NYC, not near Cincinnati.
85% of the customers were Chinese, 100% of the staff was Chinese. The food was 1000% Chinese, especially the Dim Sum.
My picky 10 yo kid ordered a plain Lo Mein and steamed chicken. He claims it was the "best Lo Mein" he has had.
My dish had grilled meat on rice noodles and veggies, it was delicious. I guess it was very close to a dish you would find in a street restaurant in China. I did not dare to order Dim Sum as I did not know the proper etiquette for that.

There are somethings that could be better:

1) The servers do not come check back on you once your food is delivered.

2) The hostess and the servers do not seem to communicate well, I was told to wait for my table to get ready and saw 3 guys just walk in and seat there. Fortunately one of the servers realized about it and kicked those guys to another table.

3) The time to get the server to get your check takes long, however the time to receive your food is not, that is lightning fast!

So, if you can overlook the borderline service and maybe the feeling of being treated like a 2nd class citizen by not being Chinese, then you will be in for a treat.
I cannot wait to go back and try Dim Sum. This time, I will be more aggressive in making sure nobody touches my table.

3  Thank TrekkerOH2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I absolutely love the Great Tang and have been eating there almost once a week. The food is delicious and the service is generally good. (We went once when it was crowded so that time was a little slow, but other than that everything has been exceptional!)