All reviews amish country fire pit cinnamon rolls walk in shower modern hotel der dutchman omelet station starbucks coffee breakfast bar pool and hot tub large shower biscuits and gravy holmes county breakfast was amazing other hotels in the area the ritz carlton awesome hotel
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Went away for a girls weekend and had a great experience. Hotel was very modern and nice. Breakfast was fabulous, make your own waffles and omelettes, delicious cinnamon rolls and many other selections. Would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Sabryn C, Social media at The Wallhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you so much Jennifer! We appreciate the awesome review. I definitely make a comment to guest and tell them, they must try the cinnamon rolls. They are the best! Hope to see you again sometime!

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel personnel very polite, friendly and helpful. Hotel very clean. Our room was very clean. I liked the added feature of a balcony. There wasn’t a chair to use so I pulled the bar stool out to the balcony. The chair was very comfortable. I spent time on the balcony reading a book. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. My husband loved having a recliner chair in the room to nap and watch some TV. The breakfast was good. If we visit in the area again, we will stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Sabryn C, Social Media Manager at The Wallhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you so much cldl_545 for the awesome review! Next time you stay, make sure to ask for extra chairs and we will definitely get you some more. I agree the balconies are very cozy, great place to read a book. I will let every department know they're doing a great job. We hope to see you again sometime!

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I live close enough to Ohio Amish country that I don't need to stay overnight when I visit. However, I chose to do so a couple weeks ago, and I selected the Wallhouse as my hotel. Even though I am not a fan of hotels with ultra-modern décor, I was very impressed with the Wallhouse and I am glad I chose to stay there.

As noted by other reviewers, among the best features of the Wallhouse are: (a) large rooms with kitchenettes, (b) a breakfast buffet with a wide variety of offerings (including an omelette maker, a waffle maker, and a pancake maker), (c) clean rooms and common areas, and (d) very quiet rooms, especially those out the back, which face a large house and a cattle pasture. The room rate was very reasonable, and the hotel is well-positioned between Sugarcreek and Berlin. The staff is also very friendly, and got me booked in a good room on the morning of my trip.

There are some things that could be better: (a) there is only one elevator, which is also used by the staff (I arrived around 4 PM, and I think I had a staff person with me on each of the first three trips), (b) the walk-in shower could use a bigger handrail at the end which has the shower head (all that is there is a small semi-circle rail), and (c) more comfortable room chairs (the chair in my room was modern, and it was both ugly and not very comfortable to sit in). Also, like every hotel in which I have stayed in recent years, the pillows are wafer thin, but I bring my own so it doesn't bother me.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms are out the back, and they cost a few bucks more.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Sabryn C, Social Media Manager at The Wallhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Thank you so much GoPenguins! So glad you gave us a chance and stayed with us.Thank you for all the nice things you said in every department! Next time you stay make sure to ask for new pillows and we for sure get you a new fluffy ones! So glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you stay again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Friendly staff, great breakfast, nice pool and hot tub. The rooms are nice and big with good size kitchenette. Close to shopping and beautiful scenery. Newer hotel so very clean and neat. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Sabryn C, Social Media Manager at The Wallhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you vee201 for the great review! We appreciate the wonderful words that we thrive to be. Clean and Friendly. Again thank you so much!

Reviewed 8 June 2018

My husband and I found the Wallhouse Hotel to be an absolute gem and would definitely stay there again if in the area of Amish Country-Ohio!

The hotel was a total surprise with a fabulous modern vibe, excellent reception staff and housekeepers and a very nice breakfast buffet!

In addition to well-trained staff professionals, the hotel is the epitome of cleanliness! Every part of the hotel seemed to sparkle - guest rooms, lobby, and breakfast areas were spotless!

Visiting the Amish Country? Do yourself a favor and book a room at The Wallhouse Hotel in Walnut Creek, OH!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Sabryn C, Social media manager at The Wallhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Oh my goodness thank you so much BJM-AZ for the amazing review! I will be sure to let all departments know they are doing great. And thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a positive review. We hope you can come and stay with us again soon!