“Point of sale - Confusion”
Review of Mi Ranchito

Mi Ranchito
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Van Wert
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Wife and I each ordered two different entrees and two drafts. A sign on the wall indicated the drafts were a $1.50 off each on Thursdays. The food was good. Service was prompt and pleasant. At the end, we received a hand written bill. It had the price of each entree and 2 drafts, only. No $1.50 off each drink was indicated, no tax was on the bill, but was obviously figured in because the bill didn't add up. We couldn't tell if it was $24.63 or $29.63 written on bill. The 4 could have been mistaken for a 9 and vice versa. The gentleman at the cash register rang it up and it came to be $29.70. Huh? So we asked to see a receipt, twice. The cash register didn't provide a receipt. The gentleman then called over our server and they spoke to each other in Spanish. They both indicated that the bill was correct. By this time other customers were waiting on us. So we paid the bill, but never received our receipt. Asked again for receipt and he went around us to the next in line. For that, probably won't return. Food and service was good. They should upgrade their point of sale process to eliminate all confusion and provide a receipt when asked upon.

1  Thank RRM14

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Been there 3 times, and the food is consistently good, and excellent service! We have yet to wait on our food. So far, we've had the fajitas, tacos rice, beans, (I could just have their beans for supper) beef enchiladas which are ok, had better, queso (very good), chips and salsa... All good!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Was travelling alone so got take away to take back to my hotel across the street. Good food and didn't have to wait very long to get it.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We go there for my birthday and Mother's Day and any other time I get the chance. The absolute best Mexican food. I get the steak fajitas and they are awesome. Love this place. Decent prices

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

This is the best Mexican restaurant in Van Wert, and it's as good as any other Mexican restaurant of this caliber that I have eaten. We eat here at least twice a month and the food is consistently good.