See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 February 2017

When we got there the pool was very dirty on the bottom. When we looked at breakfast times in the book in the room (which was different than the times the front desk told us) when I got to breakfast at 9:30 which the book said!, the milk was expired, everything was put away, raw bacon in the fridge and she brought me another milk that had the expiration date that day. We wanted to stay another night but they wouldn't work with us and match the price of the competitor in the town, so we left that day.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank hannahbU3811WC
Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised when staying here. My son and daughter-in-law had their wedding in the nearby small town of Upper Sandusky Ohio and this hotel was one of only a couple nearby. After reading other reviews , we close the Royalton to recommend to our out of town friends and family. The rates were very good, the staff extremely helpful and friendly, and the rooms clean and a decent size. I would not hesitate to recommend the Royalton Inn to anyone. My only recommendation would be for more variety of food for the free breakfast buffet but for the price, I'm not complaining.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Doug L
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Pros: Good value for the price, convenient location, very clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff

Cons: Breakfast was lacking (need to update what is offered/provided), rooms are small (but sufficient for two people), bathroom needs updating

We did not use the pool.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank RCBucks
Reviewed 24 July 2016

We came in for a night to escape the heat. (home AC was on the fritz).
The lady at the front desk was very pleasant. We were able to upgrade to a king room.
The room and halls were clean. The bed was very comfortable. We had a fridge and microwave. The air conditioner worked great and was quiet. We enjoyed the pool. It was very clean as was the pool area. I was impressed because there were numerous well cared for plants that brightened the space. We will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank RuthannK_13
Reviewed 7 July 2016

I have stayed at hotels all over America and I only rate hotels based on 1 thing cleanliness. This hotel passed with flying colors. The everything from the pool to the bathroom was clean making the stay even more pleasurable.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends