“Nice Patio, food good, service slow”

Blue Canyon Kitchen Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Canyon Kitchen Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Twinsburg
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: SR 82 & I-480
Description: Welcome to Blue Canyon Kitchen *Tavern. Escape with us. We make it oh-so easy. You simply can't help but leave behind your day-to-day concerns upon entering the Blue Canyon. Perched atop a sandstone bluff overlooking the splendor of far-reaching woodlands, our restaurant is built like no other. Designed in the style of the grand lodges found in America's great national parks, it's a rustic yet elegant dining destination. Hand-hewn cedar logs are complimented by soaring cathedral ceilings and great fieldstone fireplaces. Walls of glass provide dramatic views through hills and valley, offording a clear vantage point clear across the Summit County landscape. It's simply the perfect point of presentation for the creative American Cooking talents of our Culinary Team.Sit back. Relax. Chat. Laugh. The Blue Canyon Kitchen and Tavern affords you the ability to be yourself. Our dining rooms can be grand, yet cozy. Sink in and savor the enviornment around you. Magnificent paintings capture the splendor of the great outdoors. Antler chandeliers cast soft lighting on the bold colors throughout. You're sure to feel right at home in a world both earthy and eclectic, embracing your every attitude, whether it is for casual quick bite or a night of discriminating dining. The menu features "creative American cooking" a unique melting pot of tastes - bold and unpretentious, that combine ethnic flavors with cherished classic dishes. Escape with us, and make the Blue Canyon Dining Vacation Experience your very own.
Reviewed 21 June 2018

I was planning to be out in this area on a weekend so I made a reservation to try out Blue Canyon. We arrived for our reservation but it was such a nice night I asked if we could sit outside, luckily there was space available and they sat us right in front of the waterfall which was awesome. My husband had pretzel crusted trout, lobster bisque and I had the flat bread pizza. The food was good. For dessert we tried the sample smores- oh they were very good and just the right size to share. The outdoor patio was very nice, took a look inside and the atmosphere seemed nice as well. Our only complaint was how slow the service was in getting our food and how long it took to get beverage refills- it was a warm night and I could have walked up to the bar faster. If I was in the area I might try it again but I live an hour away so its not a place I would drive to normally. I am glad we tried it.

Val V, Manager at Blue Canyon Kitchen Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Debblabs,

Thank you for your review! I am happy to see that you enjoyed the food and atmosphere. I am sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectation. I would like to talk further about your experience. You can email me personally at Marinarhodes@bluecanyonrestaurant.com
I look forward to hearing from you!
- Marina Rhodes
Management

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Admittedly we stayed away from Blue Canyon for awhile. However we decided to stop in after a day of appointments, for a short dinner consisting of a burger & rosemary fries and something to drink.
To the point Blue Canyon has returned to "top spot" on our go to burger destination.

DaveCleveland,

Thank you for your review!
I am glad you came back and enjoyed your experience here at Blue Canyon Kitchen and Tavern! We hope to see you back soon for another delicious burger!

- Blue Canyon Management

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is charming, and well done in decor. Service was very good. My center cut tenderloin , ordered medium rare, arrived well done (no red) on a lukewarm plate. I was quite disappointed.

Dear Tesoro760,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our atmosphere and service here at Blue Canyon Kitchen and Tavern. I am sorry that the food quality did not meet your expectations.
I will make sure to pass this information along to the chef so that he can pass the information along to the kitchen staff.
If you have any further recommendations on how we can further improve, you can email me personally at MarinaRhodes@bluecanyonrastaurant.com

- Marina Rhodes
Management

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Just ordered takeout; have been to this restaurant maybe 30-40 times because it’s close to work / home. Haven’t changed their menu since they’ve opened but food was pretty good. Ordered trout and veal dishes...which is which? Both fried, both with the same mustard Dijon sauce...if you close your eyes you’d be hard pressed to taste the difference... no, you can even leave your eyes open...Is it fish? Is it chicken? Is it veal? Save your cash for something better. Not impressed.

Val V, General Manager at Blue Canyon Kitchen Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear Clhmels

Thank you for your feedback regarding your most recent take-out order this week. We appreciate your taking the time to provide us with your thoughts…. However, we would like to address some of the things you mentioned:

Unfortunately the presentation of these two dishes change dramatically when they have to travel in an enclosed container. We cannot present the dish like we do in the restaurant because if we did the sauces and side dishes would be all over the entire package especially if they get moved around during transport. Since we package the ingredients differently, the main proteins will look similar but cooking methods are different.

The Pretzel Crusted Trout being one of our signature dishes has indeed been on the menu since day one. Chef Brandt (partner of BC) over 20 some years ago created this dish and it has been a signature dish of ours for the last 14 years. The trout is pan-seared with a light coating of crushed pretzels. It is then placed on top of warm Pesto-Potato Spinach salad then topped off with a wholegrain Mustard Caper Butter Sauce.

The Veal Schnitzel is a new comer to our menu and we had tried the dish with many combinations of glazes and sauces prior settling with the sauce that our customers raved most about…..and it ended up being the same sauce as we use for the trout dish. For the Schnitzel, the Veal is pounded out, breaded lightly and flash fried. It is served with a side of Herb Spätzle. On top of the Veal we add the same sauce we use on the trout and place a generous portion of Arugula Salad placed on top of that. We then squeeze a quartered fresh lemon to give it that flavor we so desire.

The unfortunate part of takeout is Chef Scott, Executive Chef of BC, has to pack these items so that you can get the best tasting ingredients with the best quality product without us plating it for you. Based on your comments, we may need to look at other ways to pack the to-go food to provide the closest thing to in-house presentation and quality.

We hope this helps to encourage you to return soon so we can meet and thank you for your feedback in person and then try some of the 8 new dishes we have for the Spring/Summer menu. I am sure you can provide some additional thoughts as we prepare for the next menu rollout in September/October. We would enjoy your feedback since you have been dining with us as you frequently have stated.

Bon Appetite!
-Blue Canyon Management

Reviewed 2 April 2018

When you drive up to the restaurant, it fills like you are going to a large, log building in the mountains, even though you are right off the freeway! We ate in the bar, right next to the large fireplace. The atmosphere was cozy and calm.

Our meal was delightful. My husband had the special, a sirloin steak, cooked to perfection and very delicious. I had the Salmon, tender and moist. Both meals were served with green beans and mashed potatoes. They were both perfect. I had a wonderful glass of "un-oaked" chardonnay, hard to find, but my favorite. Our waiter was attentive and we really enjoyed our meal.

We were certainly content when we left and got back on the freeway home.

1  Thank Travelgirl3927