“Great bakery and cafe”
Review of Bakehouse Bread Co

Bakehouse Bread Co
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Troy
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We picked up a leaflet about Troy in the US airforce museum in Dayton and decided to visit the town. We had lunch here and bought a fruit pie and cake to take with us. It is a great bakery and cafe- you wish you could try everything- it all looks so good.
We had soups, sandwiches, and egg soufflé. Everything was lovely. There is a European focus on the bread and pastries which for us as we are British is brilliant and is something not often found in the US. It is obviously appreciated locally too as the cafe and bakery is a very popular place. It was the day before the strawberry festival when we visited and we just could not resist trying out the chocolate strawberries-yummy. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

This is a great place for lunch. Good homemade soup and great salads and sandwiches. I also love the Spelt bread and the Cranberry Bread. Many choices and they are all good.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Great breads, muffins, cookies, etc. No fancy cakes but the best homemade bread anywhere around. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff, always smiling. Prices are reasonable, keep in mind this isn't prepackaged processed stuff, it's well worth a few cents more.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

Very tasty bakehouse - wonderful bread, tasty lunches, yummy baked treats.

Overall, I have enjoyed going there for lunch when I am in Troy, or picking up a baked treat - I have some favorites among their coffee cakes, scones, and muffins, but they sell much more than that. They have a nice selection of breads to purchase, and will slice it for you if you request. Typically there is a choice of 3 coffees, although I don't know if they sell anything espresso based, as I have only purchased black coffee. In addition, I have purchased boxed lunches from the Bakehouse for work functions, and these boxed lunches have always been received with enthusiasm from others as they are tasty and filling.

A good place to stop in for lunch, bread or a treat.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Great Service Great baked products. The staff is friendly and helpful.
the food is very tasteful.
Good variety

Been to Bakehouse Bread Co? Share your experiences!