All reviews rooftop bar the executive lounge maumee river lower level pizza oven self parking cookie cutter small plates aveda products the penthouse house restaurant bridal party industrial feel cramped bathroom front desk imagination station first floor
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is really nice with a friendly staff. We especially appreciated the hard work by the valet staff including Brad and Garrett. They were very efficient and quick to help is out. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Brian C, Manager at Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Thank you for the great feedback Elizabeth. I am so happy to see that we exceeded your expectations, and that our valet team took such great care of you. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Were part of the Swiss saengerfest and everything great....until we were told to wait for the shuttle (we were in costume and terribly hot). Well finally asked when it would arrive. Upon checking the shuttle had to make two more stops before returning!
Young man Garrett, valet employee at Renaissance Toledo, saw our problem; going out of his way offered to drive us to the Valentine theater as there was no one needing his valet assistance at that time--huge problem solved.
Just was really nice to see someone like Garrett step out of his comfort zone to help us!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for the great review of your recent experience at The Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel. I am thrilled to hear about your experience with Garrett. Great to see our ambassadors step up to make a situation better for our valued guest. We were so happy to have your group at our hotel, and hope that we'll be your option for yours to come.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

The hotel offered an upscale Toledo theme and a great location downtown on the river. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Great price for the quality of hotel. This would be my first choice as a place to stay in Toledo. Great roof top restaurant and bar.

Room Tip: luxury hotel at a mid range rate, higher floors will offer a better view and worth it with this location
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Brian C, Manager at Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you for providing a great review of your recent experience at The Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel. I am thrilled to see that we've exceeded your expectations and look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

My daughter and I had one day to recover from a wonderful three-week trip to Italy before flying to Toledo for a nephew's wedding. I was tired, jet-lagged and not in the mood to get on an airplane. The carrier, United, was awful and the journey from Los Angels took us 12 hours, thus we arrived at the hotel exhausted. Fortunately, the staff was friendly and helpful, going out of their way to make our registration extra easy. They also steered us to the upstairs roof-top pub that had a spectacular view of the river below. We sat outside, under the stars and relaxed with pints of craft beers and a delicious Italian-style pizza. The place was packed, with both young, hip, adults and older (still hip) people. It felt like we were back in Venice at the rooftop bar of a luxury Venetian hotel. Our server was excellent and we quickly found ourselves chatting with her and patrons at surrounding tables who were friendly and welcoming, giving us tips about things to do and see in Toledo, such as the spectacular Modern Art Museum. Breakfast the next morning at the hotel restaurant was lovely with good food, fantastic coffee and again a fabulous view of the river. We stayed three nights attending wedding-related activities as well as sight seeing. On our last day, we had too much time to kill before getting a taxi to the airport, so the staff arranged a shuttle to take us across the river to the wonderful waterfront restaurants, where we had a long, leisurely lunch of fresh fish. The shuttle picked us up when we had finished. I would like to thank all of the staff for helping us relax and rest after almost a month of travel. I would like to thank Brian, a fantastic server, Megan, Ashton, Rachel and Shawn, front desk workers, and Victor, the shuttle driver. I arrived in Toledo utterly exhausted and left rested and happy. You all went above and beyond to make our stay at the hotel wonderful. Finally, I am a Marriott Reward member, and have stayed at a lot of Marriott hotels, but the service here was the best I have had of any of them.

Room Tip: Get one with a view of the river
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank lollydepaulo

Thank you for the great review of your recent experience at The Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel. I am so happy to see that we've exceeded your expectations, and that you were able to rejuvenate after a long exhausting trip. Toledo really is a hidden gem, and I'm so happy to see that you were able to soak it all in. I will absolutely share your comments with the entire team, as they all deserve the appropriate recognition for another job well done.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

We used the Renaissance for our wedding room blocks and it was an amazing experience. When we got back to our room after our wedding there was a bottle of wine and desserts waiting for us. The valet service was also outstanding. Jon Rokicki was extremely helpful and assisted with loading and unloading our cars. Overall it was a great experience.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Brian C, Manager at Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you for providing such great feedback on your recent experience at The Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel. Let me start by congratulating you on your recent wedding. I am so happy to hear that we were your hotel of choice. Our staff takes great pride in exceeding expectations and I'm glad to hear that this was no exception. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.