“Very Good!”

China Chef
Ranked #24 of 54 Restaurants in Streetsboro
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 3 January 2018

My first time ordering from China Chef and was delighted with the food and fast delivery! Partner ate here before and was not impressed. I fail to understand why...he changed his mind btw.

The soups were good but could have been a bit warmer. The microwave took care of that. Next came the pot stickers and I was hooked! They come stuffed and I mean STUFFED! The side sauce was tangy and frankly the best I ever had, I had the Mongolian Beef and it was delicious. Beef was very tender and smothered in onions and scallions and a very flavorful sauce that was spicy but did not overpower the beef. The fried rice was brown as other reviewers have stated and that was a welcome change since I always wondered how fried rice could be fluorescent yellow!

My only complaint is that they delivered without a takeout menu for future orders? Don't they want repeat business? And the egg rolls were just OK but not delivered with enough Chinese mustard & duck sauce.

Hardly a breaking point...can't wait to try something else! Will need to swing by someday and get a menu since one is not available online...no web site either.

1  Thank Gary W

Reviewed 13 December 2017

We've been eating here for years. The food is good. The price is right. It's convenient. And even though it is a very small storefront, with only two or three fastfood style booths inside, I'd even rather actually eat here if I had to (we always take it home) rather than eat at a quiet, relaxing, but rather pricey Chinese restaurant over in Hudson (that you'd expect to be awesome, but that has absolutely terrible food). There are a few Chinese restaurants in this immediate area, and I would choose China Chef first every time.

2  Thank DECW2017
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Fast tasty takeout food at some of the best prices I have ever seen Courteous people and delicious food . Hard working individuals. I am a long time customer. Great Chinese food and conscientious service. We need more establishments like this one.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Very good, flavorful Chinese food at a cheap price.

I'm fairly picky about my sesame chicken. I loved my neighborhood place in New York City when I was young and have struggled at times to find comparable sesame chicken, with the right sweet, thick sauce to truly satisfy. Joy Yee's in Evanston, IL, did it. So did China Chef.

The cashew chicken was also quite good. The fried rice was superb — delightfully moist and flavorful. The egg roll was nice too — perfectly crisped. The hot and sour soup was quite good.

But ultimately what stood out was the wonderful sweet sauce of the sesame chicken. And, of course, the incredibly cheap price: $20 for egg rolls, two chicken dishes and a large soup!

1  Thank jonahlrosenblum
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Great chinese takeout with quick, friendly service. I highly recommend the house won ton soup and Singapore noodles. Order extra sauce on that. I've been eating take out from here for several years.

1  Thank beemcc48