“Order at the Counter then Experience Heaven Here on Earth”
Review of Phoenix Express

Phoenix Express
Ranked #6 of 87 Restaurants in Stow
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Description: we offer Chinese, Hibachi, and sushi in the beautiful city of Stow.
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Cold and rainy April Saturday our first visit so we did not expect to find crowds. However, I was a tad concerned that only the mailman was eating at half-past noon in this small and sunny storefront in an upscale strip in Stow, Ohio. Service to take our order was so fast that we hardly had time to analyze the huge menu let alone admire the quirky wooden dancer next to the cash register.
Our wait for food was short enough that we just started to enjoy the door and wall hangings when an amazing plate arrived on our table. Yes one order for two people. One cook must have been working alone in the good-sized kitchen because my super-cute silver-fox Hubby was more than half-way through his bowl of beef/shrimp/veggie/fried rice before my hibachi shrimp & veggies on fried rice arrived. Darling Hubby's lunch companion--me--must always remember that--compared with me--he eats twice the food in half the time. So, yes, that means he eats four times as fast as I do!!!
I am used to this food-intake divergence so I just dove into my colorful food. It was hot! The large shrimp were cooked PERFECTLY! The veggies were crisp but even more important, many kinds were included: not just the typical broccoli, carrots, onions but also celery, mini portobellas, sugar snap peas, zucchini AND yellow squash. And maybe other veggies. I was eating so fast I hardly could keep track. The piece de resistance, in my opinion was the fried rice, which included perfect-sized chunks of scrambled egg. I parle Francais because a modern print of the Eiffel Tower was pinned to the wall next to the gaudy curtain covering the kitchen door. WOW! I had to FORCE myself to slow down savor while saving half of my large dish to enjoy later. Plus our smiling host encouraged us to take extra of the a-MAZ-ingly yummy Yummy sauce as well as duck sauce, hot mustard, and hot sauce.
The big pot of hot tea Hubby ordered was very good and my giant cup of Thai iced tea was neon orange and very sweet. Surprisingly good, but a bit too sugary for my taste.
I hereby solemnly swear that I do not own stock in this place. The young Asian man who greeted us spoke with an American accent but the other Asian man did not speak well enough to answer question. I have blue eyes and Hubby has green so we are not related to employees. Just wish we lived one street over from this place!!!! Fortunately, Hub's brother and wife live in the neighborhood. Shame that they happened to be out of town so missed this memorable lunch.
Total bill--$20.00.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

The food is authentic and delicious. It is clean and inviting. They have sushi also. Great location.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We ordered Phoenix Express for a post holiday get together and we were really impressed. The winner of the dinner dish though was their Mongolian Beef. Really great flavor, sauce and the beef was tender and flavorful! So happy we found this place and we will return!

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Hidden gem in Stow! I’ve had Chinese food from all over the USA but found my favorite place here in Stow! Try the yum yum sauce!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

I have tried their sushi but none of their entrees. We love their sushi and get it once or twice a month. We have never eaten in the restaurant since we do carry out.

Been to Phoenix Express? Share your experiences!