“Warped Wing on a Monday night.”

Warped Wing Barrel Room & Smokery
Ranked #15 of 49 Restaurants in Springboro
Description: Warped Wing Brewing Co. is a Dayton craft brewery inspired by Ohio’s rich history of innovation and invention. The unique barrel-aged facility, taproom, eatery and test pilot brewery is located within the Wright Station development, in the heart of downtown Springboro, at the intersection of State Routes 741 and 73. The 20,000 square foot facility includes a flexible event space and a large taproom and restaurant that is now open daily from 11am-10pm for both dine-in and carryout. In addition to their flagship beers, other available libations include hard cider, wine, and a spirits menu focused on specialty and seasonal cocktails and non-alcoholic options including housemade sodas. There is also an extensive collection of bottled and canned beers available for patrons to purchase. In warmer months, patrons can enjoy the outdoor biergarten and fire pit, as well as the DORA (Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area) which is directly adjacent to the brewery.
Reviewed 8 June 2021 via mobile

Neat place, very open and a bit cavernous, and busy for a Monday night when I visited. It was loud, so if you have small kids, or kids that get overwhelmed by sensory stimulation, this may not be the place for you.

Friendly staff, very helpful! So I tried the Belgian cream ale first, it was okay. I love Belgian styles, and it fell a bit short for me, but still a very approachable beer. Did a small flight of their barrel aged beers, and Inthink my favorite was the BA Abominator, clean doppelbock with barrel character. The BA Brandy Maple is very intense, not sure I could drink more than the sample size, as it a a bit boozy, very intense raisiny dark fruits, and slightly unbalanced. The red lager was clean, and a good beginner beer, or for those that prefer standard American lagers.

I had the brisket tacos and jalapeño cheddar grits. I was torn between those tacos and the pork belly tacos, but got the brisket. Both were very good, however the brisket was just a tad bit on the dry side.

Great selection of bourbons and mixed drinks, and wines for the non beer drinkers, and house made seltzers. To go beer cooler is also full their barrel aged beers, which are sold in single bottles.

I’m not from the area, but I’d visit again when down here. So many other breweries while I’m in town. Lol

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (12)

Reviewed 5 June 2021

The beer was OK and the service was OK. Although the place was not busy. There is nothing special about the building. From the cement floors to other hard surfaces, it seems like this place would be really loud if there are many people there. At the end of the dat, $6 for a 12 ounce (at best) beer is too much.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank TheOpsDoctor
Reviewed 9 May 2021 via mobile

We stopped by Warped Wing on our way back from Cincinnati. Facility is new and very nice looking. Our food was good and so were the beers, although they could stand to have more IPAs on tap. Our server was very nice and checked back on us often. We will definitely stop back in when we're in the area.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 24 April 2021

The servers and hosts at this restaurant go the extra mile. They are friendly, seem to like their jobs, and do great work. The building, is nice. The beer has a long way to go. My husband and I, let's just say we are in our late 50's and have a lot of beer drinking experience. The beer may be a work in progress, so may improve as time goes on, but what we tasted so far, is less than perfect. The beer was thin on flavor, carbonation was ok. The panama beer was almost undrinkable, which is sinful, we did drink it, but it was literally hard to swallow. The stouts were probably their best effort. They are typically NOT my preference, but at warp wing, I preferred them. There is an extremely limited IPA selection, they need to expand the selection of IPA's. The kolsch beer was unimpressive. We did leave the restaurant with a 6 pack of liquid picnic. This was the one beer that was light, had a hint of coconut/pineapple and hopefully will be as drinkable out of the can. We had an appetizer of mushrooms that were okay, but the food at Lock 27 Brewing and beer at Lock 27 blow this place right out of the water. We also prefer the beer at Fret Board.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 13 March 2021 via mobile

Been open awhile now and has really taken off as a favorite of mine. Food is excellent slow smoked options and service is always friendly and great. I would say that I am a beer fan, and this place has a great variety and they are all great. What makes me come back, other than great beer of course, is the staff.

Date of visit: March 2021
Warped Wing Barrel Room & Smokery, Marketing at Warped Wing Barrel Room & Smokery, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2021

Awesome! We're glad you enjoyed your visit and that we've become a local favorite of yours. Thanks for the review; cheers!