“Our All-Time Favorite Mexican Restaurant”

El Patron Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Family owned Mexican restaurant! We feature some of the best Mexican cuisine in Northeast Ohio. We've been operating for over 8 years and we continue to grow! The Escudero family originates from Mexico City, Mexico. We feature some true classics from back home like our tortas, sopes, molletes, and tacos al pastor. See you soon, Luis Escudero Jr. Owner/Manager
Reviewed 15 December 2019 via mobile

We’re been frequenting El Patron for years. They are, hands-down, our favorite Mexican restaurant - even having lived in Houston for a couple of years! There’s something here for everyone (including some creative sandwiches and other menu items that will please those who don’t particularly care for Mexican food) and they’ll customize just about anything to your liking - spice level, adding cheese, substituting veggies, etc. The food is phenomenal and always consistent, the prices are super reasonable, you get plenty of food, and the staff is always friendly and welcoming. And, since it’s just a short jaunt off of I-71, you have no excuse not to stop if you’re driving through the area! Highly recommend a million times over!

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (138)

Reviewed 3 December 2019 via mobile

We were in Medina three nights and ate here two. The menu is amazing, with many choices of excellent dishes. Margaritas were as fantastic as the staff said they were. Staff was very helpful and accommodating to special requests for our party of eight. I was glad I saved room for fried pumpkin pie ice cream on our second night. Both meals were memorable. This is a must-do if you are anywhere near Medina, Ohio!

Date of visit: November 2019
MargaritaMaestro, Owner at El Patron Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2019

We loved having you guys and the cat expo groups! We appreciate your kind and generous review!
See you soon :)

Reviewed 9 October 2019 via mobile

Nice mexican style food that is also affordable.
We use to go to Casa Del Rio but the food here is much better. Friendly service as well :)

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Lisa-thatsMe

Lisa,

Thank you for your kind and generous review! We appreciate your support and we hope to see you soon :)

Reviewed 23 September 2019

Being from Texas we get a lot of Tex-Mex and Mexican food. This does not fall into either category for me. The server was great, the food ok....the salsa umm no! I requested some hotter salsa and they sent out the same sauce bowl with a ton of chili powder added. I would have given more stars minus the salsa incident.

Date of visit: September 2019

Hello Teressa,

This is Luis, one of the owners. I am sorry to hear you had a sub-par experience. I am reading my restaurants reviews and ensuring that all of my guests are being accommodated to my standards.

In regards to your salsa inquiry, we provide some really yummy home made hot salsa made from Chile ancho, Chile arbol, and Chile chipotle. Its really spicy! I am surprised you received the same salsa with added chili powder, as that is uncharacteristic of my restaurant. Our servers are trained to recommend our homemade salsa or one of our bottled hot salsas. I don't recall having chili powder as one of our options.

I apologize for any misunderstanding, and hope to make this up to you, your family, and friends! Give us another visit as I would love to receive your vote of confidence!

Reviewed 3 September 2019

The food is great. The are always very friendly and make sure that eating there is a good experience. You start with free chips and salsa and move on to one of their delicious entrees. They also have a delicious fried ice cream dessert.

Date of visit: August 2019

Luvssassy,

We appreciate your kind and generous review! Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you soon :)