See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

For being in the middle of complete nowhere it is not a bad hotel. We have family in the area we were visiting and wanted to stay close by so it seemed like the best hotel from what there is to choose from in that area. I was pleasantly surprised by the rooms which were fairly updated and appeared very clean (always the most important part to me). Lots of tv channels. The breakfast was alright, it was the basics. There is restaurants and stores within walking distance.

Unfortunately there was a big con while we were there though which is that the outdoor pool was completely green and you could not swim in it. By green I mean the colour of the tripadvisor logo...you couldn't see to the bottom. We were told by front desk that they were out of chemical and it might be fixed by the next day. Nope, it only got greener and was like that the whole weekend we were there. It had been the one thing our family was looking forward to...swimming after being in the scorching heat all day so it felt like such a let down. We ended up speaking with the owner and he was a nice man but claimed there was nothing he could really do about it and no discount was offered to make up for it which was disappointing, as that is part of what you are paying for. I do think he is trying his best to keep up with everything around the hotel as we could see him running around all weekend long doing most of the work himself and it didn't seem he had enough staff to help. Hopefully the pool problem is fixed as it's a let down to the guests who think they are going to have a pool to enjoy and are still paying full rate.

Aside from that it was a decent enough hotel that I would stay at again if we are in the area and the pool is fixed.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Room was OK. Breakfast was what you would expect. My disappointment was that the assistant manager working the evening we arrived refused to acknowledge that Choice Hotel members receive free upgrades if rooms are available. I have been a Choice Hotel member since 2002. This was the first time I have ever been told that this is not true. I had just been upgraded the night before in another Comfort Inn. Not only was the upgrade refused, Jackie (the assistant manager) was very short and unfriendly when we requested the upgrade. Very disappointed.

Room tip: If you are a Choice Hotel Member, contact the Choice Hotel website before your stay to make sure this problem has been corrected.
Date of stay: September 2017
2  Thank patandviv
Kenny P, Manager at Comfort Inn - Seaman, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Hi

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Good Hotel for the location. Lots of access to restaurants in walking distance. will stay there again when I need to travel there for work. rooms where clean and the hotel was very quiet at night. If you want a luxury hotel you will need to drive at least a 100 miles I would guess

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Kenny P, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Seaman, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank for your feedback. It motivate the entire team to keep doing good work to satisfy all our guests. Look forward to serve you again whenever you are in this area.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Was pretty standard room, a little over priced for size, but still decent hotel. Staff friendly, easy to get to.Only compliant was room had a very musty smell. Outdoor pool. Breakfast was good. Rooms were clean.

Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 30 May 2017

We stayed here while we were visiting Millers Furniture since there was little else in the area. We were charged 80.00 for a 50.00 room, at best. This was one of the smallest rooms we have stayed in. Peeling paint, dirty carpet, and nothing else in the area. Yes, it was for the most part clean, but for 80.00 I expect more room for my money. This was so tight we had a hard time passing each other to get to the door. Only pool was outside and was closed. Used by construction workers a lot and it shows. We went by the Comfort Inn name, but was surprised by the lack. Definitely not an 80.00 hotel.

Room tip: Heard kids running up and down the hall all night. Choose the upstairs, even if they don't have an elevator.
Date of stay: May 2017