See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 July 2018

room smelled of cat piss and bathroom tub and toilet smelled like piss very dirty shower beds seemed clean but that's about it at 127 a night I expect a cleaner hotel breakfast was a joke like we were eating at homeless shelter needless to say I didn't eat it do you all own a vacuum floors were very dirty

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to book a night for our Cedar Point trip so we wouldn’t have a late drive home. We didn’t want to spend a lot, so this looked like a good option and it included breakfast. However, our room was not well cleaned. The bathroom counter had visible dirt. The toilet seat had visible dirt. We decided to clean these ourselves expecting that changing rooms wouldn’t be any better. The shower was the dingiest I have ever seen in a hotel. Let me suggest you use some bleach! We all stood on a wash cloth in the shower. The sheets seemed fresh (and NO bugs, thank goodness!), however there was visible dirt on the coverlet. Breakfast was the worst I’ve ever encountered. Too tiny of a room with no air circulation- it was HOT. The waffle maker had been unplugged apparently by an earlier guest. The toaster springs were broken, so you had to pry your toast out with a plastic knife and mine wasn’t even well toasted! (Come on! A new toaster only costs $10!) I had the impression the donuts (plain), English muffins and bread were not very fresh. I opted for the instant oatmeal as the safest choice. All that said, this could be a decent place to stay if they can improve the cleanliness and breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful- they came very quickly to resolve issues with our tv not connecting to cable. The room was spacious and quiet. We didn’t try the pool as it was raining. We found it convenient to walk to Walmart for a few necessities.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2018

All around not a great place. My family of 6 decided stay here for our trip to Cedar Point because of the price. Everything in Sandusky in summer is so expensive because of Cedar Point and this place stated newly renovated including breakfast we figured we would give it a shot especially because it was so much cheaper than any other hotel around. We checked in later in the evening and were welcomed by two friendly staff members in a room that stunk of smoke and I am not sure what else. We were then given our room keys and we drove to the second building where our room was and there were about 20 people outside on balconies, in the parking lot and in the pool (which was technically closed) so I was immediately worried about noise among other things. There were also people along side of building participating in extra curricular activities that almost warranted a call to police. We walked into the room which was so hot and musty - they must not turn air on until you do when you walk in. Room was not horrible minus the smell and was kinda cleaned. Took a shower but wish I had shower shoes and bed was fairly comfortable. Woke up next morning to head to "breakfast" and walked into a steamy room with coffee filled with grounds and a few donuts and walked right back out, checked out room and headed to mcdonalds. I did see someone making a waffle though...
All in all I would never stay here again even at that price.

Room tip: Do not stay here
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AYaria123
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

We visit here every year and the renovations are wonderful!! This hotel is very clean and has a kind and friendly staff that made us feel comfortable. Great prices as well. Stay here and you will not be disappointed!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2018

This Inn was just reopened and is a nice quit place to stay. Clean rooms and the staff is there for you so helpful, full of information about the area. Just minutes from Lake Erie, Cedar Point, Kalahari and so much more.

Date of stay: May 2018