All reviewsdowntown wheelingwould definitely stay here againhot breakfastwaffle mixdesk and chairstaff was exceptionally friendlythe breakfast areanew constructionfive minute drivestandard hotelone night staycouple of yearsbiscuits and gravynice roomfront desk staffwest virginiaplace to eat
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Had an enjoyable stay, great breakfast, and good service. This was a quick business stop, so not a lot of luxury needed. But the room was comfortable and clean, and the people were plenty nice. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Sherrill S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saint Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time while staying with the Comfort Inn, St. Clairsville. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night and will definitely stay again. Rooms are clean. The staff was helpful and friendly, especially the day and night managers! For noise concerns, King rooms in front. Queens in back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you! See you again soon!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

Stayed one night. Checkin was fast and the front desk staff friendly and helpful. Our room on the 3rd floor faced the highway but was very quiet and had a pretty nice view. The room was really nice, looked new, and was very clean and the beds comfortable. Would definately stay again if in the area. Breakfast was good. Nothing but nice things to say about this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017
Sherrill S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saint Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you very much for the kind review! We hope you will choose to stay with us again when traveling through the St. Clairsville area

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Noisy. By the highway. Dominated by noisy workers. Breakfast not bad. No help. No pool.Evening desk clerk worked about 22 hours because she had no help. She was sweet, kind, and professional. New male PM clerk was very nice also. Rooms are much nicer than Holiday Inn, but just too noisy all night long.

Room Tip: go someplace else!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

I am very sorry to hear about your overnight stay with us. I can assure you the Front Desk associate did not work a 22 hours shift. If the noise from the Highway bothered you, next time ask for a room facing the back of the property. Hopefully you will consider giving us another try.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

St. C'ville is where we stay when we have family events in this area. Some times we have reunions nearby in Wheeling, West Virginia; other times, other stuff. This time was for a funeral down in Cameron, WV. Right off Interstate 70 -470, this area is booming with new construction. Oil money, an oilman told me. Pipelines, drilling, I don't know. I thought there was a world wide energy glut.

Anyway, being retired, me and my wife had time to kill and so we stayed here at the Comfort Inn from July 4th til the 6th, 2017 in room 312 as it turned out. The staff here shined through and through. A very sweet and helpful young lady (I think her name was Diana) checked us in. Actually, we had innocently screwed up by using an Experian related reservation which was going to charge my wife's credit card about 89 bucks booking fee. You will have to watch out for that kinda stuff. So we were able to cancel with Getaroom.com before 5PM, via phone, together at the reception area and then Diana saved us a good 50 or 60 bucks as we booked the reservation with her. And I got Choice Hotel points as well.

Their housekeeping personnel, and breakfast area supervisor were excellent, also. Supergood coffee! Biscuits and gravy, waffle machine always loved by kids of all ages. Fruit, bagels, meat, yogurt and milk, cereal, and more. Fantastic.

I understand there is a guest laundry on site. No swimming pool, though. If you come down here with kids that could make a difference. Otherwise, with the Ohio Valley mall so close by, we were able to have our own kind of fun. This is the place to stay in the Wheeling area, no doubt in my mind.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Sherrill S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saint Clairsville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

WOW! Thank you so much for the great review, I will pass along your message to our staff. We cant wait to host your family again. See you soon!