“Great stop for a Weary Traveler”

Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rossford
Galena, Illinois
“Great stop for a Weary Traveler”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I stayed two nights, the first was October 6, 2011 and then October 11, 2011. In between I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Monroeville, PA, which I have also reviewed. You know what you are getting with a Hampton Inn, but this property is a cut above other Hampton Inns. I was on the 4th floor both nights, which keeps you above the expressway and parking lot noise. I picked this inn as it was just off the Ohio Turnpike, which I needed to be close to. But, if I hadn't had my GPS, I am convinced I would have seen it from the pike, but it would have taken me awhile to get to it. This interchange is a confluence of like three expressways, including the turnpike. However, it is well worth all the on/off ramps to get to it.
Parking is ample, the doors are always secured, there is a small pool, small gift/toiletries area, and an expansive, for Hampton, lobby lounge and breakfast seating area. Of course, there is a newspaper by your door every morning.

The staff is happy and helpful. The rooms are large, and either side of the floor, 4th, is fine. I had a king size bed the first night and two queens, (beds), the second night on the other side of the hall. The breakfast foods were great with a large selection. Hampton must have run some focus groups because they have upgraded several things, including their breakfast food selections. They now rival European hotel continental breakfast options.

One of the best parts was the desk staff pointed me toward downtown Perrysville only a couple of miles from the inn. That first Thursday evening, I lucked onto a three block long both sides of the street, farmers market that also had bakery, and other foods. I ate my way up and down the street, and met some of the nicest people you will ever find. I am not from Ohio, but there are some of the best small towns and people in America in that state. I do not stay in Columbus, however, as their hotel taxes are ridiculously high, and it is not a small town by any stretch. The second visit here, I went north toward Toledo to a small Italian restaurant recommended by the staff. I was not disappointed. It was great.

This inn also has the "cloud" compartment blankets, which I just do not get along with. Use the one in the closet.

I will certainly stay here again. But, bring your GPS with you. I had to use it both evenings to find my way back to the inn after eating out, especially since it was dark by then..

Safe travels.

Room Tip: Get on the top floor, above the noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Kenneth S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Good value for the money. Rooms were clean and nice. Pool and hottub was nice. Breakfast was good. Great overall value for the money. Good location.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The people there were WONDERFUL!!!! We were originally booked at a hotel across the street but it was very nasty. We went to the Hampton Inn and asked if we could see a room before we checked in. We were so happy that the room was so clean, bright and open. We didn't hesitate to book the room for the night. We asked for more towels and soap and it was no problem. The girls were so sweet there. We were 3 sisters traveling together and it's not easy pleasing 3 women! The breakfast was a very nice spread. And the breakfast area was so clean.....all of the food was fresh and delicious. Waffels, yogurt, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage & biscuits, all kinds of pastries, toast, english muffins, cereals, juices, coffee, tea....really nice selection. The workout room was small but clean and the pool area looked very clean too even though we didn't go in. We will stay here again when we go back to the Toledo area. We even got a decent rate even though we just walked in with no "pre-registration". The only thing with the area is that there are only 3 hotels there and a gas station. There's nothing within walking distance to the property. But it looks as if there will be other things going in there very soon. Very nice hotel....very clean and the staff was wonderful!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We have a nice 2 Queen Suite room. The issue: 1 bed smelled so strongly of bleach that nobody could sleep in it! We used the pull-out sofabed instead (and the other bed). Other than that, the stay was fine. I have stayed with Hampton Inn before and not had any issues. I will assume this is a one-time occurrence.

The breakfast was nice. Ham was tasteless but that is to be expected. At least they had a meat and eggs (complimentary).

Pros: Nice room, reasonable price, good service, full breakfast

Cons: Bleach smell, tasteless ham

Overall I would give them another try.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jccarter
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The front desk staff were VERY friendly and helpful. The breakfast staff were also friendly. Nice breakfast, mostly the regular items on a free breakfast bar. Room was very clean. We had a whirlpool suite, the tub was very nice, not huge, but nice. Extremely convenient to the turnpike. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossford
0.1 km away
0.1 km away
Courtyard Toledo Rossford/Perrysburg
13.4 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo/Westgate

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg? Share your experiences!