I stayed two nights, the first was October 6, 2011 and then October 11, 2011. In between I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Monroeville, PA, which I have also reviewed. You know what you are getting with a Hampton Inn, but this property is a cut above other Hampton Inns. I was on the 4th floor both nights, which keeps you above the expressway and parking lot noise. I picked this inn as it was just off the Ohio Turnpike, which I needed to be close to. But, if I hadn't had my GPS, I am convinced I would have seen it from the pike, but it would have taken me awhile to get to it. This interchange is a confluence of like three expressways, including the turnpike. However, it is well worth all the on/off ramps to get to it.
Parking is ample, the doors are always secured, there is a small pool, small gift/toiletries area, and an expansive, for Hampton, lobby lounge and breakfast seating area. Of course, there is a newspaper by your door every morning.
The staff is happy and helpful. The rooms are large, and either side of the floor, 4th, is fine. I had a king size bed the first night and two queens, (beds), the second night on the other side of the hall. The breakfast foods were great with a large selection. Hampton must have run some focus groups because they have upgraded several things, including their breakfast food selections. They now rival European hotel continental breakfast options.
One of the best parts was the desk staff pointed me toward downtown Perrysville only a couple of miles from the inn. That first Thursday evening, I lucked onto a three block long both sides of the street, farmers market that also had bakery, and other foods. I ate my way up and down the street, and met some of the nicest people you will ever find. I am not from Ohio, but there are some of the best small towns and people in America in that state. I do not stay in Columbus, however, as their hotel taxes are ridiculously high, and it is not a small town by any stretch. The second visit here, I went north toward Toledo to a small Italian restaurant recommended by the staff. I was not disappointed. It was great.
This inn also has the "cloud" compartment blankets, which I just do not get along with. Use the one in the closet.
I will certainly stay here again. But, bring your GPS with you. I had to use it both evenings to find my way back to the inn after eating out, especially since it was dark by then..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hampton Inn & Suites® hotel in Toledo/Perrysburg/Rossford, OH sits in a community just five miles south of Toledo, across the Maumee River. Toledo is a place graced by an extensive park system, an abundance of cultural activities and shopping galore. It's also home to the Hollywood Casino, University of Toledo, The Toledo Mud Hens and The Toledo Zoo, which give our town a lively and energetic feel. Visitors to our hotel in Rossford will find the city rich in history. We are also 15 minutes north of Bowling Green State University, home of the Falcons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Toledo-Perrysburg
- Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg Hotel Rossford