“Family owned in a local west side neighborhood”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 2 November 2016

I was a guest at a small birthday dinner party of 8 on a Saturday evening. Although they don't take reservations, we were pleasantly accommodated before the big rush. Hint: if you have a large party, get there by 5:45 pm. The food is average and the meals/entrees are expensive ($18 to $25 range). Pizza looked good and there is a lot of take out for pizza. Maybe that's their claim to fame. They have been around for almost 50 years in that same location, so they have to be doing something right. Parking is very limited. The inside is very small with some tables and booths, all newly re-done. Service was so-so, our server didn't seem like she could keep it all together, but was trying.

Reviewed 3 October 2016

I can not say enough of about this gem. It is in a strip mall so when we arrived I was a bit curious. Once inside the atmosphere was lovely. Clearly a favorite of many. The tables were filled all the time we were there.
The service was friendly and attentive. The meal was fantastic. I had the veal picatta and was very pleased. The Italian friend we were with was very pleased as well. The dessert was double portions. A meal I won't forget. We will definitely be returning....if we can get a seat!

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

My family and I love ordering Bucci's pasta with blush sauce for take out. I would probably never eat inside the restaurant because it is a bit cheesy (Italian opera playing on a TV) and chaotic but their food is delicious.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

You know how you always see a few joints in your general neighborhood and you really really want them to be great, but somehow they don't quite impress at all. That is Bucci's.

As a kid this place was legendary for a special night out with the family having pizza next to the 70's mod fireplace. All we have now are the memories

I have stopped in a few times in the past few years but it seems like this place is running on fumes. Pricey for what you get, for pasta at 18 to 20 and up I want fresh handmade. Wine list is an overpriced snooze fest with your grandparents.

Nail in the coffin for me was ordering a classic clams with linguine is white sauce. Pretty hard to F up this classic dish from Naples. Linguine Clams olive oil and white wine. What appeared at my table was akin to an Alfredo. They dumped a pint of heavy cream in the dish. Total sacrilege and I hope a couple hundred dead Italian grandmothers rolled over in the grave.

The childhood comfort place is dead to me forever. Go down to Ohio city and eat at some place that makes fresh pasta with real ingredients with some degree of authenticity. If you have been passing this place by like most of us have, keep on passing it by. You won't be disappointed in the least.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

Place feels old school....in a good way. Ordered a Pizza - Came out smoking hot, but after it cooled down a little, my friend and I found it to be pretty tasty. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank goodeats2323