“Good food, great servers very slow kitchen”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #50 of 116 Restaurants in Reynoldsburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Went in Saturday evening around 8:30, well after the dinner crowd. There were 4 servers on duty to handle 6-8 customer tables. We were seated immediately and drink orders taken. A few minutes later, drinks arrived and our server took out order. A half hour later she came to apologize that it was taking so long, stating the kitchen was in a mess. About 15 minutes later, my food came out, part of my friend's food came out with an apology that the corned beef hash was frozen and couldn't be used. Another selection was made and the food was delivered about 10 minutes after that. I server kept apologizing for the wait and the reorder. It was not her fault.

I have been to this IHOP a few times before in the evening, and whereas the food ordered as always available, it also too over 30 minutes to get out meal, and again, they restaurant was not busy.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

We arrived at 9:06am and were told a 15 minute wait - this was the only accurate and positive part of our experience as we were sat at about 9:21am.

The parking lot had plenty of parking yet people were illegally parked all over the place. This should be addressed by management. It would be very easy to strike a car or a pedestrian around blind corners due to these rude people. Tow them.

The hostess skipped us when seating despite an idiot proof, colored list of people waiting. We were a party of 2, when I noticed other parties of 2 getting sat after us I thought maybe I didn't hear them. So I walked up and asked if they had called my name. I looked down at the list and saw that people ahead and behind us were crossed off with a colored marker - but she said that NO she hadn't called us and that she had "accidentally" skipped us. The other girl next her looked at her funny and asked how she skipped us, she had no answer. Lies.

Despite being sat at 9:21am our waitress didn't open our check and bring us drinks until 9:49am. You do the math.

We were sat at 9:21am and left at 11:06am, again, you do the math.

In addition to every step taking an eternity despite a ton of empty tables and what seemed like too many workers, my toast had almost no butter, and the food was brought out cold (I stole some butter from my daughter's pancakes using a fork, placed the fork UNDER the omelette to clean it off, didn't melt the butter after 30 seconds) after an extremely long wait. So I ended up leaving the restaurant at 11:06 still hungry, having only eaten a few strips of bacon and two pieces of toast, simply because I wasn't about to wait for them to remake my food.

Despite being there for nearly 2 hours I NEVER saw a member of management on the floor... on a Saturday morning. So clearly the management doesn't give a rip about the experience their customers are having.

I was given a gift card to go here. It was my first ever visit. It will be my last.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Felt like hotcakes this Sunday afternoon. Bad idea to pass by Bob Evans a couple blocks down the street. Got there approx 3:30 pm - only about 8 tables seated , plenty of staff standing around - in dirty uniforms, mind you. Was immediately seated and waited about 12 minutes for waiter to offer a drink. Ordered a soft drink - they were out of Pepsi - so settled for a Mountain Dew. Guess they were short on ice, too but I let that go. I ordered Colorado omelet without shredded beef, hotcakes and potatoes. In the meantime, at the next table - a couple sent their meals back twice, spoke to a manager, waited some more then finally gave up and wished me luck.

Oh, I forgot - although waiter had a notepad, did not write down my order. I asked him why - he said "I got this." Well, he got it all wrong. About 40 minutes later (when I'm on the verge of leaving) he presents me with a big steak omelet. Which, had it been the correct order I would have sent it back as the steak look super well done and crispy. Old. The pancakes were crusty to the touch- fresh. The hashbrowns had a ring of grease around them. They took a lot of time to bring out old food...

So, I'm there nearly an hour by then - with a THREE year old who had long ago grown tired of coloring and waiting. Waiter tells me he'll reorder my meal. I said, "I'm not sitting here for another 30-40 minutes" And, get this - he didn't bother to confirm my order so how in the heck was he going to get it right the second time around? In the meantime - the people a couple booths away - who were there before me - were complaining and sent their meals back, too. That was it and I lost all hope...

I just gave up and left. Clearly, this place is now poorly mismanaged. I can't even blame it on being short staffed as there were plenty of folks standing around in (dirty) uniforms., Generally, I love IHOP and dine with them frequently as I do a lot of traveling for work. This is my neighborhood IHOP and it has truly gone downhill since they opened. Once, I ordered a Colorado Omelet to go and when I got home it was ONLY eggs! No cheese, no peppers, no onions, no nothing but a big ole heap of folded eggs. How does that happen? Who orders an "egg" omelet?

Don't know if I'll ever return to this location. When folks all around me are also sending back their food and are also complaining about how long everything is taking (and, restaurant is mostly empty!) - get a new manager. Just shut it down until you can get it together.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

We went to IHOP for all you can eat pancakes for breakfast , The first order was so big we didn't have to order any more . The coffee was great and the Service was FAST.
They kept coming back to the table to fill our coffee and water and to make sure if we needed any more pancakes. They also have great meals on the menu if you like something other then PANCAKES.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Driving to Pittsburgh and stopped for a quick breakfast. Service was nice and we definitely beat the church crowd. Haven't eaten at a IHOP in years and was pleasantly surprised. Very clean and must have been remodeled recently.