All reviews cracker barrel front desk room was clean la quinta inn new carpet hot tub very nice place to stay the rooms were nice waffles parking lot a great stay definitely stay here again staff was friendly continental breakfast convenient location hilary railroad
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Great place to come and relax we loved the heated pool,our room was clean and beds were awesome got a good night sleep,breakfast was good,lots to choose from.The staff was very friendly and inviting. Can't wait to come back

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jcarn1975
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here once before had no issues that’s why I came back... OMG what a different experience. Worst Stay Ever Room had to be switched
First room issues This had 2 Queen beds with A very visible sunken in mattresses not enough towels or wash clothes and the ones that were there had someone else’s hair in them. It also had holes in the tub lining and the room walls by the bed had recently been patched but not repainted this room smelled awful WTW !
Then as we where calling the front desk we got back to back crank phone calls from some idiot staying in the hotel
So the Night clerk came down inspected our room and agreed to move us
Room # 2
Had ants and beetles same linen situation but a better mattress we took the best of both rooms and made one halfway decent room.. took microwave and fridge and the most visibly clean linen and tried to go to sleep
Spoke with morning-front desk staff and they weren’t apologetic or concerned about my experience
I asked for the manager was told she wasn’t in and they couldn’t tell me when she would be.
Called corporate and Wyndham support
Emailed pictures of conditions of both rooms and never heard from hotel manager ever...
Wyndham sent email and said they would refund me % of my stay because they saw manager never responded...

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank dcdelivontime
Reviewed 22 May 2018

We were in town for the Troy Strawberry Soccer Tournament, you know, the one the hotels all raise their regular rates for? Anyway, we tried checking in around 7:30 or so Friday evening and there was just one young woman attempting to help everyone. This would not have been terrible if all she had to do was check people in. But she also had to move people to new rooms (for instance when one room had a toilet that would not flush) and get people the sofa sleeper sheets/blankets/pillows and towels the rooms were missing (us and more than a couple others). The whole time it was just her. She tried valiantly, but just could not keep up very well with all that and the non-stop ringing of the phone.

Our sofa sleeper unfolded to reveal a bunch of broken cheese crackers, candy wrappers, and even a couple unused q-tips for good measure. I flipped the mattress and it all just disappeared. No sofa sleeper bedding and only two towels in a room that sleeps four. The bedding I received unfolded to reveal a a rather large orange/yellowish stain on the blanket (of a size you could not miss) so we got another.

Ignore all the "TV doesn't work" review comments. They work, you just have to push the input on the side of the TV to get to HDMI. The remote does not access the TV inputs. I figured it out and made a lot of new friends downstairs when I heard people complaining about it and told them how to fix it. They really need a note or something on the TV since apparently powering the TV was resetting it back to the default input.

DO NOT stay here in an even numbered room (back of the hotel, odd numbers are front) unless you are a heavy sleeper. Look out the back windows and you will see some bushes and trees. Throughout the night and morning you will be treated to trains coming by at an alarmingly frequent rate. I heard three trains go by while eating breakfast. I was woke up constantly by these trains. Friends in rooms on the front of the building could hardly hear them at all.

The remodeling apparently started more than a year ago and does not seem to have advanced very much. If you look at the hotel provided pictures on here that show the rooms with good views of the dressers the tvs sit on, in one picture the top corner is clearly coming apart. In our room dowel rods all down oneside were half pulled out. I was afraid to touch it for fear it would collapse. In another picture one of the drawer fronts looks like it is falling off. And htis is in the hotel provided pictures! That makes me wonder what the OTHER rooms look like. There was more, but I am done.

Room tip: Even numbered rooms (on back of hotel) are subject to train noise throughout the night and morning from very close tracks.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sdav99
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

After getting stranded on the highway, we were dropped off at the Baymont Inn and Suites and, even though it was a trying time, the staff made things a lot better. They were extremely friendly and understanding of our situation and even offered to help us above and beyond what the normal services were. We even got a ride from the manager as we couldn’t even make it to the mechanics shop. Breakfast was great and refilled constantly, and we really enjoyed the friendly employees who understood our stressful situation! We were lucky to have been dropped off at a location with such great people.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2018

My girlfriend and I were stranded in Piqua after our car broke down on a cross country road trip. The amazing staff took us to and from the car mechanic in their personal vehicles, and accommodated for my 17 foot hang glider in a business meeting room of the hotel for no extra charge. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple