Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$139
Agoda.comUS$139
PricelineUS$139
Hotels.comUS$140
CheapTicketsUS$140
TravelocityUS$140
All reviews outdoor pool ping pong hill lake covered bridge fire pit view from the dining room great weekend public areas guest rooms rooms were very clean woods canoeing fireplace sauna lyons
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2020

Chose this location based on availability and proximity to Bellville. We arrived late in the evening and were given directions to our room through the lobby with a luggage cart, found we were unable to get there without going up stairs, this is after taking an elevator down as the clerk directed.I'm still confused over that, but it was late and we were all tired. Thankfully, there was another luggage cart at the top of the steps, so we transferred everything up to that one and went on. That was a frustration.

Also, pool times (per the front desk) were over and it was closed, disappointing my children, but as we walked by the indoor pool we found several people enjoying theirselves. Since we'd observed a party of formally dressed people, we thought perhaps it'd been reserved, but after asking a couple of people later we discovered it was not. Again, disappointed children.

The most annoying aspect of the room was that it took two of us to open the sliding door to let some air in, only to find that the balcony looks out over the closed outdoor pool and the outside stairwell immediately below Room 111 is a smoker's corner. So we choked on the cigarette smoke wafting into our room. Forget the fresh air.

Overall, I would say the frustration with the luggage trolley, the pool times/misinformation, the difficult night of sleep (because those beds do NOT feel like queen size) and then the smoke issue made us regret spending over $200 for a night here, even with a AAA discount. The noise of doors banging all night and people carrying on in the hallways past 2am didn't help.

I'm not sure about the other rooms, but I can tell you that Room 111 does NOT look as nice as the ones in the photo, and the toilet paper holder is hanging sideways off the wall into the trash bin. I can't imagine that housekeeping could've missed seeing that. Oh, and travelers beware, this location uses communal soaps, lotions, shampoo/conditioner, etc. that are attached to the wall in the shower and by the room sink. I understand taking care of the environment, but in the age of COVID, we are all sharing toiletries?
Another warning - the ice buckets leak. We left ours sitting on the dresser at the end of the bed overnight. We woke up to find it had leaked and water ran all across the top of the dresser, my iPad (thankfully in a case and seems to be undamaged), and the power cord charger box was in a puddle of water, the tv base was surrounded by water, all the papers we'd laid on the dresser, as well as our clothes we'd laid out for the day. Cheers for packing extra clothes.

I spoke with the front desk clerk as we checked out and her only response was to write down my comments about the door and the smoking and say "Well, that's no good."
She was right, it was no good. We will not be coming back.

Room tip: Room 111 is lousy.
Date of stay: October 2020
Laura Weirick, General Manager at Mohican Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Mohican Lodge. Guest feedback is the best tool we have to identify the areas in need of improvement.

I would like to apologize for the disappointments you experienced with your recent stay. We will be investigating the pool and smoking issues you mention. We constantly strive for exceptional customer service and it seems that we may have fallen short of our goals. Guest experiences such as yours prompt us to constantly be reminded of our commitment to excellence in guest services.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please email me at lweirick@greatohiolodges.com. In the meantime, I will be sure to share your thoughts with our Front Office Manager, Chief Engineer and our Housekeeping Manager. We will certainly take into account this information and make improvements where we can. Again, we appreciate your time. We wish you the best in your future travels!

Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

I bet in the 80’s and 90’s this place was THE place. However in 2020 it is old, outdated, dirty and lacking in style. Our room was nicely sized but that is where I’ll stop using the word nice. Our room was dirty - like socks under the bed and a petrified cheeseburger on the floor dirty. There were crumbs on the floor and a dust ring around all the baseboards. The bathroom was clean. The indoor pool was nice. We received a complementary breakfast voucher when we brought the cheeseburger and socks to the front desk, but when we tried to eat breakfast the next morning, it seemed like they had no idea there were actually people staying in the hotel. There were about 40 people including two weddings parties all waiting to get breakfast.

We enjoyed walking a trail...my daughter liked the pool.

If you are of the “boomer” age, you’ll feel right at home here. But there are nicer, cleaner and better places to stay in the area. Needless to say, we will not be returning.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Laura Weirick, General Manager at Mohican Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

Thank you for visiting Mohican Lodge and for taking the time to write your review. Our goal is to exceed your expectations, and with feedback such as yours, we will be able to improve the areas where we feel short of that goal. None of what you experienced is typical of Mohican and I apologize for the cleanliness of your guest room and the lack of customer service you experienced in the dining room. We are always working on improvements, so your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed 2 October 2020

We had a little problem with our room when we first arrived. I chose a room then realized there were so many steps and didn't think there were any elevators. My husband can't do stairs due to his COPD. When I got to talking to the manager about this, she said there is an elevator and she could put us in a room close to and on the same level as lobby. It took her a while to find one due pretty much to being sold out due to wedding. She went out of her way to make us comfortable & find us the perfect room. It is very seldom that a person goes out of there way to make everything right for our stay now a days & she did!!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: September 2020
Laura Weirick, General Manager at Mohican Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2020

Thank you, Paula, for being our guest at Mohican Lodge and for taking the time to write your review. We truly appreciate it! I am sorry we got off on the wrong foot, but I am happy that Becky at the front desk was able to accommodate your needs. I will pass along your kind comment to her!

Thank you again and we hope you will visit Mohican Lodge in the future!

Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

Me and my wife had excellent time at Mohican the food is great and view is lovely Becky and her staff were very nice and friendly I would recommend staying there you will love it and has great gift shop and great views

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Laura Weirick, General Manager at Mohican Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2020

Thank you for being our guests at Mohican Lodge and for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate it! I will pass along your compliments to Becky and her front desk staff.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 18 August 2020

OK, we've been to almost every state park lodge in Ohio. And... we LOVE Mohican!

A. The rooms don't have the best view... but the woods view is nice. We like the pool view!
B. Front staff girl on phone and in person was great.
C. Housekeeping great when we wanted extra blanket!
D. Pizza was good!
E. The park is great..
F. LOVED the pool area! Great pool!
Now.... what makes this lodge so much better than the others??
The patio area near shuffleboard!
Let me describe this scene: It's Saturday night. July. Summer.
There is outdoor seating for the restaurant. (overlooking the lake!)
There are DJ's! Fun music! Dancing!
The Shuffleboard! Fun Fun!
Firepits! One big communit fire pit, or smaller family fire pits!
And.... the sunset over the sparkling waters of Pleasant Hill Lake!
(see pics)
*** We want DJ on more nights! Not just saturdays!

Room tip: Ask for woods view or lake view
Date of stay: July 2020
Laura Weirick, General Manager at Mohican Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2020

Thank you, Andrew! You are so right, there is nothing better than our patio in the evenings. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to host you again soon!