Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$162
Expedia.comUS$162
Hotels.comUS$162
CheapTicketsUS$162
TravelocityUS$162
Orbitz.comUS$162
All reviews outdoor pool ping pong hill lake covered bridge fire pit view from the dining room great weekend public areas rooms were very clean woods canoeing fireplace sauna lyons
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2020 via mobile

I bet in the 80’s and 90’s this place was THE place. However in 2020 it is old, outdated, dirty and lacking in style. Our room was nicely sized but that is where I’ll stop using the word nice. Our room was dirty - like socks under the bed and a petrified cheeseburger on the floor dirty. There were crumbs on the floor and a dust ring around all the baseboards. The bathroom was clean. The indoor pool was nice. We received a complementary breakfast voucher when we brought the cheeseburger and socks to the front desk, but when we tried to eat breakfast the next morning, it seemed like they had no idea there were actually people staying in the hotel. There were about 40 people including two weddings parties all waiting to get breakfast.

We enjoyed walking a trail...my daughter liked the pool.

If you are of the “boomer” age, you’ll feel right at home here. But there are nicer, cleaner and better places to stay in the area. Needless to say, we will not be returning.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Laura Weirick, General Manager at Mohican Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

Thank you for visiting Mohican Lodge and for taking the time to write your review. Our goal is to exceed your expectations, and with feedback such as yours, we will be able to improve the areas where we feel short of that goal. None of what you experienced is typical of Mohican and I apologize for the cleanliness of your guest room and the lack of customer service you experienced in the dining room. We are always working on improvements, so your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Reviewed 2 October 2020

We had a little problem with our room when we first arrived. I chose a room then realized there were so many steps and didn't think there were any elevators. My husband can't do stairs due to his COPD. When I got to talking to the manager about this, she said there is an elevator and she could put us in a room close to and on the same level as lobby. It took her a while to find one due pretty much to being sold out due to wedding. She went out of her way to make us comfortable & find us the perfect room. It is very seldom that a person goes out of there way to make everything right for our stay now a days & she did!!!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: September 2020
Laura Weirick, General Manager at Mohican Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2020

Thank you, Paula, for being our guest at Mohican Lodge and for taking the time to write your review. We truly appreciate it! I am sorry we got off on the wrong foot, but I am happy that Becky at the front desk was able to accommodate your needs. I will pass along your kind comment to her!

Thank you again and we hope you will visit Mohican Lodge in the future!

Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

Me and my wife had excellent time at Mohican the food is great and view is lovely Becky and her staff were very nice and friendly I would recommend staying there you will love it and has great gift shop and great views

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Laura Weirick, General Manager at Mohican Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2020

Thank you for being our guests at Mohican Lodge and for taking the time to write a review. We truly appreciate it! I will pass along your compliments to Becky and her front desk staff.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 18 August 2020

OK, we've been to almost every state park lodge in Ohio. And... we LOVE Mohican!

A. The rooms don't have the best view... but the woods view is nice. We like the pool view!
B. Front staff girl on phone and in person was great.
C. Housekeeping great when we wanted extra blanket!
D. Pizza was good!
E. The park is great..
F. LOVED the pool area! Great pool!
Now.... what makes this lodge so much better than the others??
The patio area near shuffleboard!
Let me describe this scene: It's Saturday night. July. Summer.
There is outdoor seating for the restaurant. (overlooking the lake!)
There are DJ's! Fun music! Dancing!
The Shuffleboard! Fun Fun!
Firepits! One big communit fire pit, or smaller family fire pits!
And.... the sunset over the sparkling waters of Pleasant Hill Lake!
(see pics)
*** We want DJ on more nights! Not just saturdays!

Room tip: Ask for woods view or lake view
Date of stay: July 2020
Laura Weirick, General Manager at Mohican Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2020

Thank you, Andrew! You are so right, there is nothing better than our patio in the evenings. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2020 via mobile

My boyfriend & I stayed only 1 night here, but we had a wonderful time! The lodge feel is perfectly rustic while still offering modern amenities like a big screen tv. Our room was clean & fresh when we checked in which is always important, but made us feel even more comfortable with everything going on with COVID-19! The front desk ladies were so nice & told us about how to sign up to use the pool if we were interested in that. The sunset over the lake was one of the biggest highlights of staying here! There are so many options for exploring nature just a short drive away (Pleasant Hill Dam & trail, Gorge Overlook, Covered Bridge, canoeing & many trails) Can’t wait to come back in the future!

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Laura Weirick, General Manager at Mohican Lodge & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2020

Thank you for being our guest at Mohican Lodge! We are so glad that you got to experience one of the amazing sunsets from our patio. There have been so many beautiful pictures taken there. I hope when you come back on your next visit, you check out the state park's newest trail, The Gorge Overlook Trail. It is a 2.5 mile loop trail, rated difficult because the east side of the trail required numerous steps, narrow walkways and a ladder. Our trails club hopes to have a cable bridge completed in the spring of 2021, to connect the trail to the north side of the river.

Thank you for your kind review and we hope to host you again soon!