US$191
Rodeway Inn(Mansfield)
US$72
US$61
US$68
Travelodge by Wyndham Mansfield(Mansfield)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$72
US$123
All reviewsoutdoor poolping pongstate parkgame roomsnearby trailsmalabar farmrocking chairsoverlooking the lakebasketball courtfire pitgreat weekendview from the dining roomfamily weddingcommon areasstaff was friendlybeds were very comfortablebirds of prey
Reviewed 30 November 2017

The place is over 50 years old. I've stayed at a Hilton in downtown Chicago for less than this place charges. I can fly round trip to Florida for less than they charge for just one night! And what's with the standard room having two twin beds? Most places have 2 queens in the standard room. Definitely a 3-star facility at a 5-star price!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Laura W, General Manager at Mohican Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

I appreciate you providing us with feedback regarding your stay. Our standard rooms do have full-sized beds and we will look at replacing them in the future with queen-sized furnishings. I am disappointed that you had a poor experience and again thank you for letting us know about it.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

It's in Ohio, and it's beautiful. Rolling hills, a lovely lakeside location, and in November, no crowds. The lodge has massive floor to ceiling windows in the dining area overlooking the lake, and balconies on every room. It's a bit rustic, very utilitarian 80s architecture, and it has a lived-in, family friendly vibe, but it is not shabby. The food is decent, service is friendly, and there is an indoor pool (the outdoor pool was closed in this chilly season). We appreciated the paved paths for walking the grounds overlooking the water. One of us was able to use a walker with little difficulty, but there are a few steep parts that have stairs. Great for a getaway. Gas fireplaces in the Great Room and dining room. Affordable midweek in colder weather.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Laura W, General Manager at Mohican Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate it! We hope you will visit again soon!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

We were camping in the area and came to the lodge for a drink and lunch. Sitting on the patio we enjoyed the view to the lake as we watched people boat and play some outdoor games.
The bartender was very friendly and allowed us to walk out with our drinks and food. There are many eating areas and they were also setting up for a wedding in one of the dining rooms.
The public areas were clean and you could relax inside by large windows...they also had game tables to enjoy.
Over all we are planning on visiting for dinner when we camp in the area.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for being our guest at Mohican! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 4 November 2017

My wife and I stayed here on October 9th 2017. We had reserved a room for two nights but the electricity went out and we had no hot water or phone. We had to change our plans and travel over two hours to Salt Fork State Park for a similar room. The lady at the front desk was very nice but obviously overwhelmed by the situation as she was the only person there and had been given no information from management. She was writing guest's information on small pieces of paper. The reservation system the state uses is located in another state and could not provide any information or assistance.The poor maids were trying to clean rooms by lantern light. Do you think they were able to thoroughly clean the rooms this way? How did they vacuum the carpeting? We were supposed to receive a 20% discount for staying two nights and the discount didn't transfer to Salt Fork Lodge even though it is part of the State of Ohio park system. On Oct.10, I received a $66.44 credit on my credit card statement. I have no idea how they came to this figure even though I was told I would be contacted once the situation stabilized. This left me with a charge of $80.19 after the credit for a room with no electricity or hot water. I don't know about you but I think that is ridiculous. My wife and I had been planning a peaceful get away for months and this fiasco completely ruined it. I have slept in a tent many times and had a better experience. At least I was prepared for roughing it. What was also disturbing was that as I was checking out people were being checked in without any idea when power would be restored. Ironically, I have received two requests from Salt Fork Lodge asking me for a review and a discount for a future stay but I have heard nothing from Mohican Lodge. My advice? Be sure and take a lantern with you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank vzdog
Laura W, General Manager at Mohican Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for being our guest at Mohican Lodge. I'm definitely concerned to hear about your experience. We strive to provide the best possible experience to our guests each and every day. We have extremely high standards for cleanliness and guest service. I'd like to look into this further and make things right. Can you please email me at lweirick@xanterra.com with your reservation details?

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I stayed at Mohican for a conference recently. I found that my room was nicer than the room I had at Deer Creek last year but the food at Deer Creek far outweighed the food at Mohican. Overall Mohican was nice but I found it to be a little average considering it was a state park. My room was clean and refreshed which I was very thankful for but I was looking for a nicer view of the lake which just wasn't there for me. To hold a conference there is adequate, I felt like they were not a large enough venue compared to where we had the conference last year. The reason being, our silent auction had to be held in the lobby and the items were spread out on game tables (pool, ping-pong, etc.). I think it would be a nice place to go for a family outing during the summer and fall times of year, just not sure if I would book another conference type event there.

Stayed: October 2017
Laura W, General Manager at Mohican Lodge and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for being our guest at Mohican Lodge! I apologize for your experience with our catering food. We usually receive high marks from our weddings and conferences and will share your comment with our food and beverage staff. We are a smaller property than Deer Creek and they are able to better accommodate larger groups. Thank you again for being our guest!