“Anniversary dinner with my wife”

Stella's Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 124 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Stella's is an extraordinary refuge for eating, drinking, relaxing, and enjoying comfort food with a modern twist. Our business hours are Mon-Sat.11 A.M.-10 P.M. and Sunday from 10 A.M.-3 P.M. for brunch
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We had a gift card which we had won as a door prize so we went for our 10th anniversary dinner. We were seated right away. I ordered their Chicken Scarpariello and my wife had the Scallops ala vodka. both meals were quite good. They came with a choice of soup or salad. Server was efficient. Restrooms were clean. My wife had a glass of wine and I ordered an OPA (Ohio Pale Ale) beer.

1  Thank Craig G

Reviewed 25 August 2018

We were excited to try Stella's for lunch but the excitement didn't last long. The biggest issue was the service. Or the lack of same. After we were seated, the wait was on. To order, to get the food, to get the check. What should have been a half hour or so stretched to over an hour. The food? Just okay. Certainly nothing special. Good luck finding much more than mixed greens in the cobb salad. Seriously. The tuscan chicken was deemed okay. I'll give one star for an excellent glass of wine and another star for the decor. Beyond that, this visit just didn't rate further consideration. And one more issue with the service. I got the distinct feeling that all the staff felt overwhelmed and rushed. To the point that they really didn't seem to care and would rather have been anywhere else than where they were. I don't think I saw a single smile the entire time. Perhaps it was just a bad day. Who knows? I don't plan on finding out.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

We've been to Stella many times and dinner tonight was a disappointment. The Pasta di Elena was clumped fettuccine noodles, watery sauce, and not tasty. The flavors certainly did not come together. We ordered a bottle of wine...The first Chardonnay on the wine list. After the waitress carefully presented the bottle without the menu present, we asked if it was the first bottle on the list and her response was yes. Our bill reflected a bottle of wine $19 more than we ordered. This is not the first time on a recent visit at Stella that we've been overcharged for wine. A bad experience overall!

Jennie L, Owner at Stella's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

It deeply concerns me that you were dissatisfied with your experience at my restaurant on August 17, 2018. After review of the situation with my server and her trainee, I have the following response...

As for the Pasta di Elena, we make our pasta fresh in-house daily and cook each dish to order. If you found you dish unsatisfactory and had expressed this dissatisfaction to your server, we would have happily remade the dish or gotten you a replacement dish, and your server (and manager) Shelby is certainly aware of our policy.

As for the bottle of wine, Shelby made the presentation as specified by the Court of Master Sommeliers, where the bottle is presented to the customer who ordered the wine to ensure that the correct wine has been brought to the table. Your acknowledgment of an affirmative "yes" or a "head nod" enters you into a contract that the wine presented is indeed the wine you selected. It is the standard of the industry. Shelby, who is one of our most experienced servers, presented you the bottle, told you the country and the county from which it came and the vintage. Certainly, one should know if they are ordering the French Chardonnay at $31 a bottle or the California Chardonnay at $50 a bottle. Therefore, Stella's would never purposefully bring you, open and charge you for a substantially higher priced bottle of wine than what you wanted.

I welcome a phone call (419)873-8360 or email (jennifer.m.lahey@gmail.com) if you wish to discuss your experience further.

Jennifer Lahey, Owner

Reviewed 10 August 2018

While we have been to Stella's several times, I have to say this was probably the worst. We stood and waited several minutes for the host to seat us while speaking on the phone answering questions about their menu. Put the caller on hold & seat your guests.
No salad served with pasta; for $5 more we could get a side salad...disappointing. Wine & cocktails served wet off the tray with no cocktail napkins. Waited over 10 minutes to place our order, then tables next to us got served before we did and we placed our order at least 5 minutes before they did. Ordered fillets which came with disappointing salads as two of the salads had a lot of brown lettuce, definitely not fresh. Two of the three fillets were wonderful; very tasty & tender. The third was ordered medium rare, came to table well and unappetizing. Again, where was our waiter? While the guest waited to send back the overdone fillet, the other guests enjoyed their dinners. This disappointing meal happened on a Tuesday evening @ 5 when they were not very. What happens on Thursday-Saturday when they are busy? The kitchen dropped the ball and the wait staff did as well.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

I went for the first time because I received a gift card for Christmas. I was seated right near the kitchen even though they weren't busy at the time. The bartender was the waitress. I ordered the sirloin which they ran out of even though it was a Saturday afternoon. If you knew you were out shouldn't you go buy more? I ordered a Ruben with a side salad that was extra and the bread was burnt and the salad was lettuce, cucumber and carrots. The picture above shows tomatoes and radishes. They must have run out of those too. My Dad got the Lobster Bisque and it has one small piece of lobster and was tasteless. It also didn't come with crackers or any kind of bread. He asked for crackers and they were stale. The waitress said she had to get them from the basement. We had a $50.00 gift card and ended up with $20.00 left over. My Dad said this place is a pass and that I could use it with someone else. Kinda scared to come back. He had a strange chicken dish with a vinegar sauce. He said later he didn't feel very good. We wanted to like the place because it wasn't a chain but was very disappointed, sad to say. There seems to be other good restaurants on that street you could go to instead.