“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel for three nights when we were in Toledo for a religious convention. Our room was very nice and we loved that the room was equipped with a full kitchen (dishes, pots and pans included). The hotel was quiet and the staff pleasant. My family and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I like staying at Candlewood Suites in cities where they are located near where I need to be. I was traveling between WNY and WI on I-90/80 for this trip and this was a nice halfway point. Perrysburg is just outside of Toledo, so not much to do there, but there are plenty of places to eat and the area is relatively safe for a solo female traveler. This is a relatively new Candlewood and lives up to what I'm used to enjoying from this chain. The beds are certainly more comfortable than most hotels for side sleepers such as myself. The only thing that was a problem is that the refrigerator motor is too noisy when it runs for sleeping, but I ran the fan for white noise to help cover that up. Truckers also take up a lot of parking spaces which could be a problem when this place is fuller.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank SedonaDreamer030
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed 12 June 2010

I stayed 2 nights at the Candlewood Perrysburg, OH. They secretely charged me for a "pet fee" and I didn't bring a pet! The fee is $150, and when I asked them to credit my account, they would only credit me for half of the "pet fee," but told me they would credit the entire thing. I'm now in the process of disputing the fee with the credit card company. A big headache that is unnecessary! No use taking it up and further with the management at the hotel since the "manager" Nicole, is the person that orchestrated the fraud!

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dzztripz
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 October 2009

Place is virtually brand new. So new my GPS could not find it.

Rooms were immaculate, with granite counter-tops and a large flat screen TV. Beds were very comfortable. Little small with the kitchen. This is not a Residence Inn, which are spacious. This is more for the budget traveler.

Nice workout facility but no pool/hot-tub so that was a downer. Not sure when they built this without a pool, tough to attract families with no pool. There is plenty of room for a pool outside so not sure what the strategy was there.

Anyway, no frills, but nice, and clean and a good rate of $70.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Wadsworth, Ohio
Reviewed 14 October 2009

This hotel is brand new--less than one year. We stayed one night in a suite with a separate bedroom, spacious sitting room and fully-equiped kitchen. The room was absolutely spotless. The staff was friendly and helpful. Any requests we made from the front desk for extra bedding, silverware, etc. were delivered immediately. This was the second time we stayed in a Candlewood Suites room. The first time it was in Columbus, Ohio. Both times were great experiences and we will always seek this chain when we travel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family