“Excellent food experience in a cozy environment.”

Depot Cafe Inc Silvestro's
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Painesville
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Comfort food to the max. You will not leave hungry. Lunch scene has quite a few patrons with minimal wait times.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Great mom and pop, family owned restaurant right around the corner. Food is made fresh each day, homemade salad dressing is fantastic, old style flavor. It is a small place with Frand and Dean music, a way to step back in time. When we want great pasta, large servings and the best bread in town we go or call in a takeout order. Come discover the old world in your own back yard!

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Hands-down the very best restaurant in Lake County !!!! Whatever your in the mood for!!!amazing prime rib or spaghetti and meatballs or a seafood dish. The owner takes great great pride in the dishes he puts out and it shows every single time we go here absolutely love this restaurant everyone needs to give it a try!!!! And if you're like me why choose I normally get the prime rib with a side of spaghetti and meatballs and the Italian dressing is the absolute best! Thank you Silvestros depot for remembering what food is and what it should be and making your customers feel completely happy and satisfied for coming there ;-))))))

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I was very excited to revisit this restaurant as it has been open for many years since I was a kid. Having grown up in Painesville, now living in Ashtabula, my family and I decided to take our mother for her birthday. They take no reservations which makes it difficult to plan for a party of 10 and an elderly father that has trouble getting around. Maria was kind when we called and said she would put tables together for us. When we arrived, I sat without enough
menus for everyone until we finally asked the busboy for more menus. I also had to remind them I had a three year old and could he have a kids menu. We had mussels as an appetizer and they were good, steamed with lots of welcomed garlic and diced tomatoes. Plus soaking the Italian bread in the leftover sauce was devine. The bread was not fresh but again the garlic made up for it. Most of us ordered prime rib with mushrooms. The prime rib was good, served with horseradish. The mushrooms tasted canned and I was not impressed. I pushed mine aside. My side of spaghetti was old and the sauce literally tasted burnt. I imagined it was the pot left from the weekend (we went on Sunday) that was rewarmed over and over. I did not eat it. My son's perch was over fried. Normally, fish is all he likes to eat but he ate one bite and stopped. Our server was friendly and kind but you could tell she had too much on her plate. I do not like to complain as I have worked in the restaurant business for 25 years in a very similar family owned spot. We were told parties of 7+ were one check and it was cash only. I don't have a problem with the rules but the check was not itemized with prices. We were told the final cost which sort of blewy mind for what was served. I found this to be unprofessional and in a world of computers, if you're going to continue to use manual checks, you must itemize. How will one know what to pay without taking a menu and wasting time? I have written thousands of manual checks and a good
server knows how to separate checks and still be efficient. It was pure laziness in my opinion and not worthy of a 20% gratuity, although we reluctantly did so anyway. I will not return as I feel we were too much for the place to handle. I would definitely hire an extra server. I will not return. I wish them the best and according to most reviews, my experience is rare so good luck and much prosperity.

2  Thank happywaitress
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Best Italian food and there’s always a special. The pasta and sauce is delicious. The service is great! Like beef? Try their prime rib; melt in your mouth!