“The Only Place to Go for Chinese in Oxford”
Review of Yum Yum

Yum Yum
Ranked #53 of 78 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Tasty, fresh, authentic. This place seems to be a favorite among Miami U. students from China -- and with good reason. If you are a beef eater, try the Cumin Beef. Other delightful choices include: seasonal veg platter, steamed dumplings, sweet potato soup.

1  Thank KeaneFan

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We can't believe we can eat so authentic Chinese food in such a small town. We take our kids here for a swimming meet and we ended up with eating here everyday.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

If you want REAL Chinese food, come to this place and ask the owner to make her favorite thing. Don't ask what it is, just tell her you like spicy stuff and she'll amaze you with the real deal. In China this would be a local hangout. In Oxford, it's the place to go for great Chinese fare. Atmosphere is atypical for a US Chinese resaturant, but it's just what you'd find in Mainland China...campy. Don't go to impress your friends, go to impress your tastebuds. Eating adventure!

2  Thank RoadWarrior817
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Hands down the best wonton soup in town, and possibly the best wonton soup ever!! Quick delievery. Prices were acceptable. Great food, fast service, perfect!!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Yum Yum is the latest of three Chinese Restaurants in a two block radius, one of which had established itself as an Oxford staple long ago. What sets Yum Yum aside is its weekday buffett.
Unfortunately, because I work out of town, I've never had the opportunity to try the buffett, so, I will be unable to describe it to you. Apologies.
A description that I am capable of providing you with is that of the restaurant on a weekend afternoon. My wife and I visited around 11:00 AM in early September. The dining room was empty and we were greeted immediately. Our server communicated that we could sit wherever we liked. The front windows of the restaurant have a nice view of the uptown park, so we chose to sit there, quickly realizing that this was a mistake. The dining room was already uncomfortably warm, and sitting by the windows with the late moring sun beaming directly in on us made for a miserable seating arrangement despite the fact that we shut the blinds.
The menu is relatively large, and the food was decent, but nothing to write home about. I had the Pad Thai. The spicing seemed about right. The texture was a little off, though. The noodles were thicker than I'd prefer and the entire dish was quite greasy. Tiny pools of orange and red oil filled the crevases in my noodles.
My wife had the Lo Mein, which was actually quite good. It was a superior dish to the Pad Thai in it's overall effect and ballance of flavor and texture. I would recommend this dish to anyone who likes Chinese noodle dishes.
Over the course of our meal, a few other patrons entered, only to pick up a carry out order. I think that Yum Yum is going to have to start delivering, though, if they want to keep up wih the other two Chinese restaurants in town. Still, I'm a sucker for a good Chinese buffett. And, if I can ever make it, the buffett may be enough to sway me in Yum Yum's favor...for lunch.