“Small Town Hit”

The Star Diner
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Star Diner was a wonderful surprise the first time I went there. I've been back countless times since, although I will confess that it's my go-to breakfast place so I'm not well-versed on their lunches. It's tiny and will accommodate maybe 30 people at most, but size isn't everything. The service is friendly and quick, and the food is always delicious. I especially like the Star Diner omelet, which has 3 kinds of meat, onions, peppers and cheese. Unless you have a huge appetite (or want to take half home for lunch the next day), stick with the half omelet. They also have all the usual diner staples, including biscuits and gravy. I highly recommend it - you won't leave hungry.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

It's what you would expect in a diner both in atmosphere and food. Need not say much more. Just a pretty cool place to catch a bite to eat.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

First, it's cash only, so leave the visa at home. Great greasy spoon food and service is always fast. The locals flock here, so you may have a few minute wait.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

This small building reminded me of a dinner trailer of the 50's in the inside. Open until 2 pm, we arrived at 1 pm and were served with a smile. All the locals were there and everyone seemed to know each other. The waitress was honest and told me, when I ask, that the coffee was weak so I did not order it. My Philly omelet was great and something I never had seen in a menu. Cash only taken here.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

They have great food, good portions, and cheap prices. The trash potatoes are amazing. It is usually busy as it is a small diner but wort the wait.

Been to The Star Diner? Share your experiences!