“Late lunch while on the oad home”
Review of The Peking House

The Peking House
Ranked #9 of 47 Restaurants in Norwalk
Reviewed 16 January 2018

We had a 4 hour drive home from a weekend Lions Club retreat so we stopped for a late lunch. I ordered Wor Sue Gai, a chicken and vegetable dish with sauce and a bowl of rice. My wife had Broccoli Chicken. Large portions, hot and good. My only comment was the chicken in my dish needed to be cut up smaller. It was 2 chicken breasts cut into about 4 pieces each. Bite size would be better.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

The decor is okay but the staff seemed a little unfriendly. They were just very straight faced and didn't really smile at all or react to greetings. The egg drop soup was good, the eggrolls were good, the orange chicken sauce wasn't as orange tasting as I would have liked, but the sweet and sour sauce was good. Some pieces of our chicken were perfectly fully cooked, but some was rubbery and shredded like hard sticks when chewed. They put plenty of sauce on the chicken but not much of anything else. I would try it again, but it won't be a go to place or a place I take someone who I want to gaurantee enjoys a great meal. The lack of a friendly feel bothered me a lot but the food was also just okay. Just to be sure, I'll likely give it another try in the future.

1  Thank Jane T
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Lunch dining in is a good value with soup, egg roll, and meal for under $6 usually!

Don't expect great service though. You will get your meal quickly... but it's not exactly service with a smile!

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

This is my regular Chinese food fix. The food is tasty and moderately priced. The only down side is the egg rolls

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We've only been here a handful of times, but the food has always been good. It's been around for 20+ years, so they must be doing something right!!!