“Fresh and tasty Thai food”
Review of Bangkok Cafe

Bangkok Cafe
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Northwood
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped for lunch on our way home to Michigan at Bangkok Cafe. The charming owner suggested two dishes and we ordered both. The Pad Nam Piik Pow with chicken had a slightly sweet and spicy sauce with lots of veggies. My husband and I both liked the flavor. The chicken Pad Woon Sen was new to me and quite delicious. This stir fry dish used high quality "glass" noodles in a tasty brown sauce with egg, onions, and carrots. Both were made to order from the owner's home recipes.
A small grocery store is attached to the restaurant and offers Thai and other Asian food products at a very reasonable price.
The owner mentioned that they have purchased a larger venue east of the Speedway gas station across the road and will relocate the restaurant in the near future.
We highly recommend this to lovers of good Thai cuisine. 5 for food quality and 3.5 for the restaurant ( soon to be upgraded).

Reviewed 24 July 2017

To be fair, there was 10 of us that had dinner on a Saturday evening, that could have contributed to the poor service we received. We had to ask, several times for refills. I didn't hear anyone complain about their food. The restaurant doesn't have a liquor license. I had a garlic beef rice dinner with broccoli that was okay. The people in our party that ordered the noodle meals liked them. I thought the egg rolls were very good. Maybe we'll try it again with a smaller party.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Nice place, nice people, decent prices, wide array of dining options- but this reviewer couldn't give 5 stars for one reason:
This reviewer phoned the order in to the restaurant and upon arriving found that the order hadn't been processed at all.
So, there was a 15 minute wait, but hey, this reviewer didn't have any time constraints on the day of this interaction.
Still...
There were some reviews from local news agencies that were posted on the walls that spoke to the strengths of this place but mentioned that speed of service was wanting for them, too.
This restaurant is hard to find- a little spot in an out-of-the way strip mall, and the entrance is shared with an Asian grocery (owned and operated by the same folks who run the restaurant.)
Well worth checking out, but do plan on the timing to be off a little.
Good job!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

While in the area for work, sought out Thai food and found this place in a nondescript strip mall off the freeway. Very much worth finding. Great food, seemingly very authentic. Attached to a Thai grocery as well. Limited crowd on a Tuesday night, so I hope they get more traffic, and possibly also take out business. I highly recommend and will return again when on the area.

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

The location doesn't look like much, but the food and service is great. Also, you can shop for some food from the store while waiting!