“Friendly clean diner”

Big Apple Cafe
Ranked #2 of 123 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

This diner in Newark had an extensive breakfast and lunch menu. I had corn beef hash with eggs and toast. The food was tasty and a good portion I had the rye toast and my wife the wheat toast both were excellent. I would come back here. Great coffee by the way.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Creamed chipped beef smothering eggs, potatoes, and biscuit off the charts. When done get a cream puff to go or two as you won’t want share yours. Awesome home cooked food, not out of a can. This stuff is made on site, you can tell the difference.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The choices for breakfast here are abundant. There is something for everyone. Portions are huge and the price is very good for the portions you get. I always end my breakfast with a giant cream puff to go! They are amazing.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Everyone I know has been here except for me, until yesterday. The food was tasty, of good quality and ample portion. I had the Farmer's Omelette, which I understand is a newer menu item. Ingredients included potatoes. My only complaint is there was too much potato in it and not enough of the other ingredients which, due to the abundance of potatoes, were hard to taste. I would have named the Farmer's Omelette the Potato Omelette. Next time I will get the build your own omelette, which includes 4 ingredients of your choice, and leave out the potatoes altogether. Other than my omelette I really liked everything else about Big Apple and will be back. Prices are fair and service is excellent.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Good food...homestyle atmosphere. The prices are reasonable.. really great place for breakfast or lunch.

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to Big Apple Cafe? Share your experiences!