“Great coffee with room to meet and mingle.”

River Road Coffee House
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Newark
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Good variety of espresso, coffee and teas choices, baked goods and a few light lunch choices. Free WiFi and plenty of room to read, socialize and/or host a small business gathering. Patio available weather permitting. Located in a big old house with a nice bit of hip, coffee-house charm.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

It is a relaxing place to read a book while you are drinking coffee or meeting friends to share conversation and wonderful wholesome foods. A wonderful selection of drinks and snacks.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

This quaint coffee shop is located on the town square. Service was very good and the barista was friendly. Nice find on an early Tuesday morning in Newark.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Decided to stop here after reading reviews. Cafe Mocha was great - not too sweet, not too hot. Just right. Pastry selection looked good if you're into that. Looking forward to my next trip to Ohio to grab a cup of River Road Coffee!

Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

I stopped in to get a cup of coffee on my way to work in Columbus. It was my first day on my new promotion with a designer clothing company. I ordered a large house blend with cream and sugar. When i pulled up they seemed entirely too busy to even acknowledge me with anything other than "your total is". So i paid for my coffee and i got about a mile up the road to get onto 16 before i tried taking a sip. Well i had drops on my khaki suit. So i grabbed some napkins and wrapped them around the cup, and it was leaking out of the back. So as i was stopped at cherry valley road i thought id take off the lid and put it back on incase it was just on a seam or something. Once i took off the lid coffee poured all over me. They filled the coffee entirely too much. When i called to tell the manager he had no concern on trying to make it right. Offer no free coffee and no apologies. I had to turn around and head back to my house to change my clothes and ended up late to work on my first big day. It ruined my day, and my brand new Calvin Klein suit. I have never gone back since.

Been to River Road Coffee House? Share your experiences!